Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Tucker16

Winwell 4 roll pro

I just was wondering some questions about these gloves or anybody’s experiences. I gonna few pairs for very cheap.  

Are they compatible to the CCM pro stock gloves or warrior franchise for fit?

how is the protection and durability? are they a good quality, protective top end glove?

thanks!

The ones I’m thinking of are made in the Philippines, where TPS made their HGT and R8, if I’m not mistaken  

almost a clone, and a very, very nice glove. Someone who knows more than I can either confirm or refute that mfg claim though

2 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

The ones I’m thinking of are made in the Philippines, where TPS made their HGT and R8, if I’m not mistaken  

almost a clone, and a very, very nice glove. Someone who knows more than I can either confirm or refute that mfg claim though

They were on sideline swap from a reputable seller. I know they are probably good but I got some verbero gloves and they were atrocious. Worst gloves ive ever spent money on. I know with CCM Bauer, warrior, stx even Sherwood I’m getting a good, high end product but I’ve seen most winwell stuff as lower end. If this is true I’ll prob order them. 

The old winnwells were great 4rolls. Not sure about the newest ones, but I definitely recall seeing some Canucks pro stock winnwells that looked pretty well made a few years back. I didn't try them on though. Personally, I'd just get a CCM that you know will be good and you can usually score then fairly cheap on SLS. I wear Eagles and love them, but they're usually not cheap

Edited by Miller55

5 hours ago, Miller55 said:

The old winnwells were great 4rolls. Not sure about the newest ones, but I definitely recall seeing some Canucks pro stock winnwells that looked pretty well made a few years back. I didn't try them on though. Personally, I'd just get a CCM that you know will be good and you can usually score then fairly cheap on SLS. I wear Eagles and love them, but they're usually not cheap

Yeah I really really want eagles or another set of franchise 13Ns as mine are getting closer to the end of their life. But nothing is affordable right now. These are 50 so I was curious. 

4 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Yeah I really really want eagles or another set of franchise 13Ns as mine are getting closer to the end of their life. But nothing is affordable right now. These are 50 so I was curious. 

Eh, I'm always weary of this stuff without trying on. If you're not desperate for new gloves I think it's better to try something on. 

5 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Eh, I'm always weary of this stuff without trying on. If you're not desperate for new gloves I think it's better to try something on. 

True. I did buy the hg97 without trying them on and loved them but again it is a reputable brand. 

12 minutes ago, Tucker16 said:

True. I did buy the hg97 without trying them on and loved them but again it is a reputable brand. 

Winnwell is definitely a legitimate brand. The issue is that you probably won't find much about the fit online, whereas CCM, even if you buy online you can get a decent idea of the fit and quality. My biggest concern with gloves is always if the breaks will line up correctly for my hand. 

4 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Winnwell is definitely a legitimate brand. The issue is that you probably won't find much about the fit online, whereas CCM, even if you buy online you can get a decent idea of the fit and quality. My biggest concern with gloves is always if the breaks will line up correctly for my hand. 

Yeah exactly. May just get a pair of Bauer 1X Lite pro instead as I know how they fit.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tucker16 said:

Yeah exactly. May just get a pair of Bauer 1X Lite pro instead as I know how they fit.  

Yeah, it's a total crapshoot. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

This information is correct.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:46 AM, Tucker16 said:

I've found that a pair of Dynasty AX1's (though also now a little harder to find at retail) were a good replacement for the Franchises, albeit running a little narrower, and much less roomy in the fingers. Still felt similar in the backhand. Can say that the build quality on them is stellar, only 4 Rolls I use other than the Nexus.

9 hours ago, robbjbyoung said:

I've found that a pair of Dynasty AX1's (though also now a little harder to find at retail) were a good replacement for the Franchises, albeit running a little narrower, and much less roomy in the fingers. Still felt similar in the backhand. Can say that the build quality on them is stellar, only 4 Rolls I use other than the Nexus.

My ideal glove is a franchise then an AX1. I use the narrow franchise so the ax1 would be perfect. Never worn a pair but I’ve been looking and looking for an affordable pair.  Nexus was too big for me haha. 

3 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

My ideal glove is a franchise then an AX1. I use the narrow franchise so the ax1 would be perfect. Never worn a pair but I’ve been looking and looking for an affordable pair.  Nexus was too big for me haha. 

Not sure your size but they're were a bunch on PSH and SLS last I looked