Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mojo122

CCM Super Tacks X Helmet

On 11/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, raganblink said:

🍿

y'all gonna be in for a treat next summer if you're in for a new bucket and don't care about dropping as much on your brain as you do for sticks. Except those that won't pay retail for sticks; but you're in a v08 or 4500 anyways. 

Hey, I wear the 4500 because it looks good.

(I buy prostock sticks because I’m cheap.)

On 4/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Beflar said:

So any official news on the price of these CCM Super Tack X helmet yet?

I have seen what it'll retail for. It's not quite as high as listed by some in here, but it's up there. Won't say exactly in case it's not allowed to be said yet.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Beflar said:

So any official news on the price of these CCM Super Tack X helmet yet?

Looks like they are available to preorder at 400$ on IW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Looks like they are available to preorder at 400$ on IW

Canadian dollars?  400 before or after tax?

I'd be ok with that price if it were say, limited quantity or a custom made liner to help fit your head better. But a regular old bucket...aw hell no.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

I'd be ok with that price if it were say, limited quantity or a custom made liner to help fit your head better. But a regular old bucket...aw hell no.

I agree. The initial video etc seemed to insinuate it was a custom scan, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Really takes away that advantage of 3D printing. I’ll probably just order another 3DS (which probably would’ve been a better name for this helmet) 

Working in the 3D printing field I wanted to be more in to it than I am, maybe eventually my curiosity will get the best of me 

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 1

I feel like this was being advertised along the same line as Custom skates. Disappointing if there are no scans required for this helmet. Don’t see how you can justify the price without that level of customization.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iammerson said:

I feel like this was being advertised along the same line as Custom skates. Disappointing if there are no scans required for this helmet. Don’t see how you can justify the price without that level of customization.

The CCM site for it still shows a guy getting scanned with a tablet, but yeah, it doesn’t look like there’s a custom portion to it from what I can see, looks like you can just preorder it. 

Just a brief thought...I know that they have scanned and built helmets for the "NHL" users...that being said...if "custom scan" is introduced to the general populace, how would the helmets conform to the HECC, CSA or CE certification requirements? 

I have a feeling there's a lot more "4500 or die" type guys out there than guys who will drop 4 bills on this helmet. When they come into stores I would definitely try one on though

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JBP said:

Just a brief thought...I know that they have scanned and built helmets for the "NHL" users...that being said...if "custom scan" is introduced to the general populace, how would the helmets conform to the HECC, CSA or CE certification requirements? 

As long you they don't alter the design or materials, I imagine it's not much different. Either way fit is still a variable.

11 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I have a feeling there's a lot more "4500 or die" type guys out there than guys who will drop 4 bills on this helmet. When they come into stores I would definitely try one on though

5 Canadian bills...  I like/love the ventilation of the helmet but if I spent 5 bills Canadian I would have buyers remorse.  

On 4/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, iammerson said:

But it is custom!! CCM catalogue shows you can buy after market earloops and matching helmet stickers........... 🙄💰💰💰

• Haha 4

On 4/20/2021 at 8:23 PM, EBondo said:

I have seen what it'll retail for. It's not quite as high as listed by some in here, but it's up there. Won't say exactly in case it's not allowed to be said yet.

it's going to be $399 usd