Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

It was a good time, but its time to move on

Decided to sell the WA stores. The deal will be closing this week. 

Ever since I relocated from WA to AZ its made operations overly complicated trying to manage multiple locations remotely. I feel the stores really need an owner who is local to make sure the staff and customers are getting the support and experience they need and deserve. The new owner is a good guy and has multiple stores in the WA area already so I feel everyone is going to be in good hands.

Who knows. Maybe Bauer + CCM will eventually let me open a new store in AZ. I have been asking them for the last year to let me open a location in AZ, but they keep saying the market can't support any more stores. 

Anyway, this is quite bittersweet for me....

• Sad 1

I can only imagine. I'm actually in the process of setting up a small pro shop here in the Netherlands for months now with working title 'SkateWorks'. I guess I unconsciously stole that name from you. Also running into market protection bullshit and I don't even want to sell equipment at first (just profiling, sharpening, repairs, etc.). You think you would be able to run a store without 1 of those 2 big name brands? Say you don't get Bauer, but do get CCM (or vice versa)? 

Hope you find a new adventure soon and stay active on these boards. I will have so many questions in these upcoming months, I need all the advice I can get 😉

On 9/14/2020 at 10:20 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Decided to sell the WA stores. The deal will be closing this week. 

Ever since I relocated from WA to AZ its made operations overly complicated trying to manage multiple locations remotely. I feel the stores really need an owner who is local to make sure the staff and customers are getting the support and experience they need and deserve. The new owner is a good guy and has multiple stores in the WA area already so I feel everyone is going to be in good hands.

Who knows. Maybe Bauer + CCM will eventually let me open a new store in AZ. I have been asking them for the last year to let me open a location in AZ, but they keep saying the market can't support any more stores. 

Anyway, this is quite bittersweet for me....

Well, you left the one area that is going to be growing hockey-wise in the next couple of years. Good luck in your future endeavors. 

5 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Well, you left the one area that is going to be growing hockey-wise in the next couple of years. Good luck in your future endeavors. 

With the current happenings in WA, such as civil unrest, pandemic, rinks still being closed, fires, among other issues including the proximity of Seattle to Vancouver, CA. I think it was an intelligent choice.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Didnt know Bauer and ccm gave two f*cks about location. Why does it matter as long as they are selling product to the business. 

They dont want a new store to open in close proximity to other stores as it would cannibalize the business and could ruin relationships. That has to be taken with a grain of salt though as they have no problem opening a Pure Hockey in any location fully knowing it will destroy any local small stores in the immediate area.

• Like 2