Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
caveman27

2020 Stanley Cup finals

Who do you think will win the 2020 Stanley Cup  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2020 Stanley Cup Finals starting this Saturday in Edmonton, Alberta.

Dallas Stars vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Kind of a big deal for Dallas who has been shuffling around in the middle of the pack for years.

Tampa Bay is back in after 5 years. One guy on their team is from my hometown. 

It looks like they are evenly matched, so I think they'll go seven games.

Hope it's a good series, the longer it goes the more hockey we get to watch!

So far it's been an outstanding playoffs.

I imagine that these loses for players will be the hardest loses ever.

I’d go Tampa in 5 if it wasn’t for the injuries. They are a pretty badly beaten up team right now. I doubt we see Stamkos unfortunately. Maybe if they get down in the series and need a boost. They barely managed to get past the Islanders and even that went way farther than I think it would have if they weren’t so beat up. They LOOK tired.

If Dallas wins, it will be because their backup stands on his head and because they’re definitely fresher. Head to head on paper I don’t think it’s even close but I could see this hitting 6 or 7.

I think Kucherov is injured, perhaps a hernia. He's playing through the pain but something is hurting. Surprised it hasn't been speculated more during the broadcasts. 

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’d go Tampa in 5 if it wasn’t for the injuries. They are a pretty badly beaten up team right now. I doubt we see Stamkos unfortunately. Maybe if they get down in the series and need a boost. They barely managed to get past the Islanders and even that went way farther than I think it would have if they weren’t so beat up. They LOOK tired.

If Dallas wins, it will be because their backup stands on his head and because they’re definitely fresher. Head to head on paper I don’t think it’s even close but I could see this hitting 6 or 7.

They said during their last game against NYI. If include all the OT's, TB has played am additional 6 games.

Don't sleep on Dallas. They got size and scoring and a fairly mobile blue-line. They took out Vegas & Colorado. 

7 hours ago, SirJW said:

I think Kucherov is injured, perhaps a hernia. He's playing through the pain but something is hurting. Surprised it hasn't been speculated more during the broadcasts. 

So is Point, hip I think.

Point had the massage gun going in between shifts, on the inside of his legs. I think the guys on TV said groin. But either way, limited time in game 4, didn't play in game 5, and wasn't able to do much in game 6. Point is definitely injured. 

On 9/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Giltis said:

Will Stamkos make an appearance?

Interesting question.

He's been attending team practices for weeks. Maybe he's risking possible re-injury if he plays, which might take him out for all of 2020-21 season.

That's more like the game Tampa wants to play. The 3-0 lead almost fell apart on a deflection and a tip, but never really felt like they were in too much trouble.

That's one game for each team, won in their preferred style. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Interesting question.

He's been attending team practices for weeks. Maybe he's risking possible re-injury if he plays, which might take him out for all of 2020-21 season.

Doesn't he need to play at least one game to get his name on the cup?

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

Stamkos meets the first criteria, but even if he didn't there's no question they'd be requesting permission for the exemption.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Hmm, I had to look it up. He's played in 57 regular season games for this season so I think his name goes on even if he doesn't play one Stanley Cup game.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25432#:~:text=A player must have at,from being available to play.

2 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Hmm, I had to look it up. He's played in 57 regular season games for this season so I think his name goes on even if he doesn't play one Stanley Cup game.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25432#:~:text=A player must have at,from being available to play.

That's correct, as I mentioned already.

I thought he would. They’ve been playing 11 forwards and 7 defensemen. Even if he plays PP only he’s still more useful than the #7 guy.

Im sure he’ll be in his full gear for the cup ceremony though. 

Howdy,

On 9/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, stick9 said:

With the chance to hoist, does 91 dress again tonight?

I think Cooper announced he was done period now, right?

You've got to think that in the game he came back, he re-injured / aggravated everything to be much worse.  Glad for him that he was able to get out there and contribute in that game though.

Mark

Yeah they showed him going to the dressing room for a bit and didn’t play again even after he came back I don’t think. 5 shifts, I believe?

Still, glad he got to contribute. I wonder if he’ll be in full gear for the presentation?