Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Tucker16

Warrior Pro Stock Vs. Retail gloves

I was looking at getting a pair of QRE. I sold my retail QRL as the cuff interferes with my elbow pads (the HG12/ 11k do not so I figured they’d be the same. Wrong) I see the QRE has a smaller flex cuff that would prob work better. Other than some custom cuffs, different palms etc what are the differences between the pro and retail gloves? Is the foam package thicker or better? Other than custom colours or palms, is there any advantage to pro over retail? I’d prob jus struck with team stock warrior gloves of that helps. 

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

If you're looking to replace 11ks I would just stick with them. Nothing warrior offers compares in quality or protection imo

Nah I just liked the look of the warriors and wanted to try something new. I have almost all (except warrior franchise MIC) CCM and Reebok.  Quite a few pros wear them so they can’t be awful (Pro stock ones)  I have a pair or 11ks and HG12s are in the mail. 13” are harder to find. Was just curious the difference but if I’m just going to be disappointed maybe I won’t lol

8 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Nah I just liked the look of the warriors and wanted to try something new. I have almost all (except warrior franchise MIC) CCM and Reebok.  Quite a few pros wear them so they can’t be awful (Pro stock ones)  I have a pair or 11ks and HG12s are in the mail. 13” are harder to find. Was just curious the difference but if I’m just going to be disappointed maybe I won’t lol

The QRL and QRL pro were decent gloves. The retail padding was awful IMO, but pro stock was decent. The qredge gloves are not great imo. They did not have the mobility of the QRL line and the flex cuff was not as good IMO. They are very comfortable and I would probably use warriors for outdoor street pickup, but not much more. I have a pair of pro stock alphas that I never wear (I liked the colors and got them from a friend for 10 bucks, they need full repalm) and I would say they are decent protection and very light and comfortable, but the foam definitely feels sub par compared to even my Eagles (which are not considered the most protective gloves by any means) so I don't think they will hold a candle to the 11ks/hg12s

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

The QRL and QRL pro were decent gloves. The retail padding was awful IMO, but pro stock was decent. The qredge gloves are not great imo. They did not have the mobility of the QRL line and the flex cuff was not as good IMO. They are very comfortable and I would probably use warriors for outdoor street pickup, but not much more. I have a pair of pro stock alphas that I never wear (I liked the colors and got them from a friend for 10 bucks, they need full repalm) and I would say they are decent protection and very light and comfortable, but the foam definitely feels sub par compared to even my Eagles (which are not considered the most protective gloves by any means) so I don't think they will hold a candle to the 11ks/hg12s

Thank you. That’s what I was looking for. I loved the franchise so I was thinking their other line would be good as well. But I really do value protection and mobility. I used to only wear 4rolls (warrior Reebok or CCM) until I discovered the 11k. I have a pair of tacks as well but they don’t come close to the 11k even. They just looked similar in terms of idea with the cuff. Thanks a ton

I agree that the 11k/HG12 gloves are great. The only thing I personally don't love is that a lot of them don't come with a flex thumb (which is why you see a lot of cut thumb loops). If you really don't need the flex cuff, but want to try something new that has a tight fit in the fingers and backhand, but opens up in the cuff and has a flex thumb; I highly recommend Pro STX Surgeon 500 gloves; there are a few available at reasonable prices on SLS. Otherwise, I'd just stick to 11k's, but would personally look for a pair with a flex thumb (there are some pro stock 11k/HG12 that do have the flex thumb). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

I agree that the 11k/HG12 gloves are great. The only thing I personally don't love is that a lot of them don't come with a flex thumb (which is why you see a lot of cut thumb loops). If you really don't need the flex cuff, but want to try something new that has a tight fit in the fingers and backhand, but opens up in the cuff and has a flex thumb; I highly recommend Pro STX Surgeon 500 gloves; there are a few available at reasonable prices on SLS. Otherwise, I'd just stick to 11k's, but would personally look for a pair with a flex thumb (there are some pro stock 11k/HG12 that do have the flex thumb). 

Good to know. I do love the cuff. It’s protective yet doesn’t restrict like my retail QRLs I sold. I don’t like flex thumbs much (well I don’t even notice them on the one pair of HG97 that have them) so it doesn’t matter to me. I may cut the loops on my pens HGTKPP though as the loop isn’t nearly long enough or something.  

• Like 1

Yeah I agree. I never had an issue with locked thumbs. But the surgeon cuff is very different from the 11k. 

3 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Thank you. That’s what I was looking for. I loved the franchise so I was thinking their other line would be good as well. But I really do value protection and mobility. I used to only wear 4rolls (warrior Reebok or CCM) until I discovered the 11k. I have a pair of tacks as well but they don’t come close to the 11k even. They just looked similar in terms of idea with the cuff. Thanks a ton

The Dynasty ax1s were decent after the franchises, but it don't think the alphas are the same quality. Also, I definitely feel like there warrior pro stocks are a bit larger than marked. I wear Eagles for a long time now, but pretty much the only glove I would leave Eagles for is the 11k/HG12/14. If I could find a pair of leather 11ks I'd probably be wearing those, but the only ones I've ever seen are Crosby that are like 600+. Fine for collectors, but I wouldn't play in $600 Crosby gloves. (Although it did cross my mind recently to restore my old Easton gx9500 Modano pro stocks with new gussets and palms and see if I could find someone to split the finger pads from one piece to two piece). I looked into custom or pro stock coverts and was just not impressed with the protection. Don't get me wrong, if you have money to burn then be my guest, but if you're looking for comparable quality to 11ks you won't find it apart from CCM pro stock and maybe Sher-Wood and STX for cheaper options.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Yeah I agree. I never had an issue with locked thumbs. But the surgeon cuff is very different from the 11k. 

The Dynasty ax1s were decent after the franchises, but it don't think the alphas are the same quality. Also, I definitely feel like there warrior pro stocks are a bit larger than marked. I wear Eagles for a long time now, but pretty much the only glove I would leave Eagles for is the 11k/HG12/14. If I could find a pair of leather 11ks I'd probably be wearing those, but the only ones I've ever seen are Crosby that are like 600+. Fine for collectors, but I wouldn't play in $600 Crosby gloves. (Although it did cross my mind recently to restore my old Easton gx9500 Modano pro stocks with new gussets and palms and see if I could find someone to split the finger pads from one piece to two piece). I looked into custom or pro stock coverts and was just not impressed with the protection. Don't get me wrong, if you have money to burn then be my guest, but if you're looking for comparable quality to 11ks you won't find it apart from CCM pro stock and maybe Sher-Wood and STX for cheaper options.

Yeah I’ve heard good things about the Ax1 and not so hot things about the alpha in terms  of quality and protection. 

I want eagles but the price plus im unsure of the fit is why I don’t have a pair. I know they are fabulous though and would love a pair one day. 

i actually just bought another HG12 with shot blockers off eBay. decided to stay away from the retail warriors I found on sale. I have 6 pairs of gloves so I need another pair like I need a hole in the head haha. thanks for the feeback!

32 minutes ago, Tucker16 said:

Yeah I’ve heard good things about the Ax1 and not so hot things about the alpha in terms  of quality and protection. 

I want eagles but the price plus im unsure of the fit is why I don’t have a pair. I know they are fabulous though and would love a pair one day. 

i actually just bought another HG12 with shot blockers off eBay. decided to stay away from the retail warriors I found on sale. I have 6 pairs of gloves so I need another pair like I need a hole in the head haha. thanks for the feeback!

Yeah, Eagles are definitely not cheap, but they last. I have a pair of L29s now that are probably 15 years old, have been repalmed 3 times and are due for a 4th repalm. That's 5 palms on one pair of gloves and the shells are still in decent shape. My other pair were tan/natural H34s that lasted me a good 10 years and two repalms before everything fell apart. If I would have known they wouldn't remake that glove I probably would have had them fixed too, but I just tossed them and figured I'll get another pair. When I couldn't find I ordered custom L29s right before I took a break a few years ago and they're almost mint still. And then I just picked up a pair of black H34s that are sick.

The tufftek and portofino are not as durable, but still pretty good. I love the Cali tan color so I'm considering a custom pair of either PPF x905s or the Aero pro custom with the flex cuff (4 roll glove with a flex cuff!!) , but I haven't found a place to try them on yet and I won't get gloves that I didn't try on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Yeah, Eagles are definitely not cheap, but they last. I have a pair of L29s now that are probably 15 years old, have been repalmed 3 times and are due for a 4th repalm. That's 5 palms on one pair of gloves and the shells are still in decent shape. My other pair were tan/natural H34s that lasted me a good 10 years and two repalms before everything fell apart. If I would have known they wouldn't remake that glove I probably would have had them fixed too, but I just tossed them and figured I'll get another pair. When I couldn't find I ordered custom L29s right before I took a break a few years ago and they're almost mint still. And then I just picked up a pair of black H34s that are sick.

The tufftek and portofino are not as durable, but still pretty good. I love the Cali tan color so I'm considering a custom pair of either PPF x905s or the Aero pro custom with the flex cuff (4 roll glove with a flex cuff!!) , but I haven't found a place to try them on yet and I won't get gloves that I didn't try on

I’ve played with their customizer a few time’s. Not sure the fit or differences in the gloves. Id prefer to try them on. I have been lucky with most gloves just ordering and trying but they were sub 130 dollars haha. I have small hands so I worry about width. I can’t wear nexus gloves due to the fit yet ccm pro (hg97/98) Gloves fit more snug and perfect isn’t the finggers. my 13N franchise are exactly where I think 4 rolls should fit. loose but not huge or falling off.