Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Blacksteel...how do they ship (ROH)?

I grabbed a pair of new Blacksteels off Ebay and they arrived sharpened.  The dealer didn't sharpen them...Step says on their packaging that they have an edge, but don't say what ROH or profile.  I emailed them but nothing so far and I have a game tonight.  I might just get them done by my shop anyway, but...seems a waste if they're already 5/8"-10'.

Anyone know? Thanks peeps. 

5 hours ago, Jbear said:

I grabbed a pair of new Blacksteels off Ebay and they arrived sharpened.  The dealer didn't sharpen them...Step says on their packaging that they have an edge, but don't say what ROH or profile.  I emailed them but nothing so far and I have a game tonight.  I might just get them done by my shop anyway, but...seems a waste if they're already 5/8"-10'.

Anyone know? Thanks peeps. 

They are not sharp from the factory.  Flat as can be. SOMEONE sharpened them. 

Interesting. I like the way my place does them, so it's all good. Shop couldn't tell me definitively as they were uneven. 

Edited by Jbear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

They are not sharp from the factory.  Flat as can be. SOMEONE sharpened them. 

Ive never heard of them shipped sharpened. Maybe the seller sharpened them or something. 

• Like 1

I think the info inside the package is just a bit misleading.  It warns that the steel has a sharp edge.  Easily confusing as sharpened, it got me for a minute too on the set I just picked up last week.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:46 PM, ricepow said:

I think the info inside the package is just a bit misleading.  It warns that the steel has a sharp edge.  Easily confusing as sharpened, it got me for a minute too on the set I just picked up last week.

Right - it has two edges.  It just doesn't have a hollow.