Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
skates73

Skate Insoles (Stock, Superfeet, Speedplate other)

What do people like to use?  What do you think the pros use?  

I've been wondering why companies, especially nowadays with skates being so expensive (at the top end) just put that crummy thin stock insole in there.  One would maybe then have to assume that functionally, for skates, those "crummy" thin insoles are actually what's best for skating?  I wonder if not a lot of pros use Superfeet because there's doesnt seem to be any endorsements.

I do believe the insole can very much affect how well you can control/feel your edges though.  

Of all the ones I've tried, I like the CCM Custom Support (Curex) ones the best.  Good arch support and better cushioning of the forefoot.  In all honesty, unless you have foot problems, the "rivet cover" insoles are just fine.  Not saying aftermarket insoles are not good, just that in most cases they aren't necessary.  Shops push Superfeet because they are a high margin item.

• Like 1

Use what works best for you. 

Some people prefer the paper-thin insoles since it gives a better-connected feeling between the skate and the ice. Others like a much thicker insole either due to comfort or foot issues. 

I personally like the speedplate footbeds as they give a balance between comfort and function. 

• Like 1

I have Superfeet Carbon in my Bauer Nexus 7000s (2014) but could easily go back to the stock foot-beds that came with the skates if need be. The definitely feel different, don't get me wrong, but as a skating performance enhancer I don't really notice a much improvement in my skating from a Superfeet footbed compared to the stock footbed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BruinDust said:

I have Superfeet Carbon in my Bauer Nexus 7000s (2014) but could easily go back to the stock foot-beds that came with the skates if need be. The definitely feel different, don't get me wrong, but as a skating performance enhancer I don't really notice a much improvement in my skating from a Superfeet footbed compared to the stock footbed. 

For me, Superfeet Carbon help with my heel lock but I think it pitches me a bit more than I like to the toes and supinates the foot a bit more than I'd like too.