Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
start_today

Boston Area- FBV sharpening

Any recommendations for a shop with FBV in the greater Boston area? Love Zwickers, but they don’t do FBV. Was making the drive to No Icing, but they moved and it’s too far. 

Anyone ever been to Tricon in Lexington?

@the_game have you used them before or know anyone who has? 

Tricon did a poor job on both my and my wife skates. Too much bite, inconsistent between edges, and she feels like they messed up her profile. (Maybe the guy had one bad day, I dunno. But it’s enough I wouldn’t go back.) 

Hey @start_today I have used Joe at Puck Stop Pro Shop a few times. He's very thorough, knows his stuff, and is great to work with when you know what you want and specifically ask him to do that for you. I made sure to tell him I was using a quad profile from Prosharp because as you mentioned we can't have anyone messing with our profiles and he assured me that nothing would be changed and if I felt anything off he'd re-profile them for me.

I typically only let Zwickers or TSR touch my skates and was in a pinch for a sharpening but after talking with Joe for a few minutes I knew I was in good hands. I also know of few people who have used him and all have had good things to say.