Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Tucker16

Anyone here wear rbk 7k pro shin pads?

Hey. I just got a pair of these off sideline swap. I have very big calf’s and I have a lot of issues with my shin pads sticking out like a tree trunk from my leg and not sitting flat against them. They usually hover on top. So I got these. They seem like they will fit much closer to my leg. 

but my question is how is the protection? They are sooooo light and there is no calf protection at all in these. They are quite heavily used but have no cracks or defects. Is there something I should be wearing on the back of my leg? But then I feel it defeats the purpose of not having huge bulky pads. Thanks for your help 

8Ks have better calf protection, but you can just add a piece of padding for the calf. You can diy it or any gear repair will be able to give you a long term fix.

These pads are regarded as the best because they are light and protective and also comfy. Most pros still use jofa/rbk for this reason.

Edited by Miller55
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tucker16 said:

So you put them on backwards under your shin pads on the calf? That sounds ingenious! 

Yup. I don't use them that way, though: I actually use two sets and position them on both sides of my shins right next to the edges of the shinguards. I'm not really worried about taking a direct shot to the back of my legs, but I stand in front of the net a lot looking for deflections and garbage goals as a center and block shots from the point as a wing, so it's the unprotected sides I'm more worried about. They're very light and offer a lot more protection than those side/calf flaps that Jofa/RBK shinguards come with. I actually wear the outside ones under that Jofa calf flap, which covers a bit of my calves, but with much thinner protection. The plastic insert in those flaps really provide no protection on the side. The soccer pad covers the area in between the edge of the shinguard and the plastic flap insert that covers the calf.

Edited by YesLanges
  • Like 1

Yeah I was thinking about finding some sort of flap (I see rbk jofa ones online) but I was trying to cut down bulk overall and adding something to make my leg look even thicker wasn’t really what I was hoping for. The soccer pads may work as yes im not going to take a slapper off the calf and I’m a forward. More from slashes, deflections, passes and skate blades. I appreciate the ideas. Going to go to my local sports store this week and see what they have. These shins look way better Han my Sherwood m90s 

16 minutes ago, Tucker16 said:

More from slashes, deflections, passes and skate blades.

If you're worried about getting cut from skate blades, they make socks with kevlar over the calves and Achilles tendon for that. The soccer pads work great but will definitely give you a bowling pin look, especially if you already have large calves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YesLanges said:

If you're worried about getting cut from skate blades, they make socks with kevlar over the calves and Achilles tendon for that. The soccer pads work great but will definitely give you a bowling pin look, especially if you already have large calves.

Yeah I have some. I don’t know how to deal with it. I’d prefer protection over looks though. It is what it is. Anything is an improvement over the jr set I’m wearing now. I can all ready tell these fit properly. They just don’t have tons of calf protection.