Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
krisdrum

Vintage Easton AL sticks - weighted?

I was just gifted a vintage Easton Pro Gold 95 AL stick from a buddy who is cleaning out his garage and no longer plays.  Stick is in nice shape.  Noticed I can feel and hear something (sounds metal?) inside the shaft that is able to move from blade to butt.  The object must be a pretty tight fit.  It certainly isn't rattling around in there or moving easily.  If I point the blade to the sky, takes a second or two for the object to make its way to the butt end.  Same when I flip the stick back the other way. 

I'm not familiar with AL sticks at all, wondering if this is a weight that was intentionally added, a plug that loosened up and can now shift freely, or something else?  Any ideas from those familiar with this era of stick?

1 hour ago, krisdrum said:

I was just gifted a vintage Easton Pro Gold 95 AL stick from a buddy who is cleaning out his garage and no longer plays.  Stick is in nice shape.  Noticed I can feel and hear something (sounds metal?) inside the shaft that is able to move from blade to butt.  The object must be a pretty tight fit.  It certainly isn't rattling around in there or moving easily.  If I point the blade to the sky, takes a second or two for the object to make its way to the butt end.  Same when I flip the stick back the other way. 

I'm not familiar with AL sticks at all, wondering if this is a weight that was intentionally added, a plug that loosened up and can now shift freely, or something else?  Any ideas from those familiar with this era of stick?

Usually just a chunk of glue. If you remove the blade or end plug it will fall out. Or heat the end where the particle is. If it’s glue it will melt and you won’t hear the rattle.