Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
getthekidthepuck

Step Steel for Rebok holders

They did. You’re looking for Step runners that fit the Epro holder. Might be harder to find since they haven’t made those holders in a bit, but also might be cheaper. 

14 hours ago, start_today said:

They did. You’re looking for Step runners that fit the Epro holder. Might be harder to find since they haven’t made those holders in a bit, but also might be cheaper. 

Thanks man!

A few of the Canadian online stores have them.  Not sure I’m allowed to post the links but a quick check on the Google for Step steel epro should find them.  Depending on sizing, one store has V-steel for $65.  The rest are around 90-100.  

The nuts in that holder that attach the steel are notorious for coming loose. Add some blue locktite and you should be fine. 

I’d poke around and see if you can find a replacement set, just in case you do lose one. I had two different skates with that holder, and even re-tightening before the game they still got loose, until I put on the locktite. 

2 hours ago, start_today said:

The nuts in that holder that attach the steel are notorious for coming loose. Add some blue locktite and you should be fine. 

I’d poke around and see if you can find a replacement set, just in case you do lose one. I had two different skates with that holder, and even re-tightening before the game they still got loose, until I put on the locktite. 

I lost one recently and have been trying to find a replacement for a couple weeks.  I've been to five local shops, including Pro Hockey Life and Sportchek.  Nobody seems to have any in stock, and a couple said they were having difficulty ordering inventory.

You might end up having to swap those holders. Your other option is to scrounge some old reeboks with the epro and just use the hardware, but you're probably better off just swapping for xs holders or tuuks

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Thanks man,ill take care of that. Had to do the same thing to my Makos. I had no clue, thanks!

32 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

You might end up having to swap those holders. Your other option is to scrounge some old reeboks with the epro and just use the hardware, but you're probably better off just swapping for xs holders or tuuks

Thanks for the info, ill look into it.