Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

AS2Pro User has a Question.

I love these twigs!  They feel perfectly balanced for me and I love the way they fire.  Here's my question...never having tried any of the previous iterations (Ultra Tacks, SuperTacks, AS1)...Does anyone here like one of those previous models better, and if so...why... specifically? I've thought about trying the AS1, and a couple of reviews say the blade is less "pingy." How that translates into shots, passes, and handling...I don't know.   Also, if the balance were different...that would shut it down for me. 

So...any thoughts? 

Edited by Jbear

I can't compare to the AS2Pro because I don't have one (and I haven't been on the ice much either due to f-ing Covid) but I can tell you the blade on my Tacks, Ultra Tacks and my Super Tacks 2.0 are amazing.  Lots of feel and not pingy at all.  

I have used the original Tacks, Ultra Tacks, AS1, and the AS2.  My personal favorite is the Ultra Tacks.  Nothing bad to say about that twig, and it has a super smooth and consistent kick point.  Such an effortless stick to use.  After that the AS1 and the AS2 are pretty similar, but they don't have as smooth of a flex as the Ultra Tacks.  The AS1 & AS2 does allow I think a quicker release due to the hybrid kick point, and I personally love the AS2 blade, but I like very stiff pingy blades, versus the more muted feeling blades.  That's just personal preference.  The original Tacks is a great stick too, but softer blade, and a more inconsistent flex.  I think the AS2 is the most durable out of all the ones I mentioned, but that's also a characteristic that's hard to measure.

Well...I didn't get to take it on the ice but did handle it.  I was excited because AS2Pro's are going to be hitting the market for less now.  It is lighter, but honestly...I don't need lighter.  The only thing that would make me switch would be a better snapper cuz otherwise.. the AS2Pro is dead solid perfect for me. I play D and most of my shots are clappers and wristers from the point down to the high slot. The A2P is amazing for those and as I mentioned...the balance feels perfect. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jbear said:

Well...I didn't get to take it on the ice but did handle it.  I was excited because AS2Pro's are going to be hitting the market for less now.  It is lighter, but honestly...I don't need lighter.  The only thing that would make me switch would be a better snapper cuz otherwise.. the AS2Pro is dead solid perfect for me. I play D and most of my shots are clappers and wristers from the point down to the high slot. The A2P is amazing for those and as I mentioned...the balance feels perfect. 

Have you tried the ft3 pro?  Especially if you're looking at a better snapper

On 11/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

I can't compare to the AS2Pro because I don't have one (and I haven't been on the ice much either due to f-ing Covid) but I can tell you the blade on my Tacks, Ultra Tacks and my Super Tacks 2.0 are amazing.  Lots of feel and not pingy at all.  

I am also a big fan of the blade on the Super Tacks 2.0 as well. I picked up a couple Trigger 2's on clearance and I still like the ST 2.0 blade better.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:30 AM, shoot_the_goalie said:

I have used the original Tacks, Ultra Tacks, AS1, and the AS2.  My personal favorite is the Ultra Tacks.  Nothing bad to say about that twig, and it has a super smooth and consistent kick point.  Such an effortless stick to use.  After that the AS1 and the AS2 are pretty similar, but they don't have as smooth of a flex as the Ultra Tacks.  The AS1 & AS2 does allow I think a quicker release due to the hybrid kick point, and I personally love the AS2 blade, but I like very stiff pingy blades, versus the more muted feeling blades.  That's just personal preference.  The original Tacks is a great stick too, but softer blade, and a more inconsistent flex.  I think the AS2 is the most durable out of all the ones I mentioned, but that's also a characteristic that's hard to measure.

My pro stock Ultra Tacks (and yes it was a legit mid-kick UT, not the LK team version) is still to this day the best stick I have ever used. Like you said just a super smooth and consistent kick.