Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

The Prosharp Project is coming to an end

Unfortunately due to low returns on data from end users, the Prosharp Project is being shut down.  The AS2001 is being packed up and sent back to Prosharp.

I really felt that it would go over well and provide end users an opportunity to try different profiles at virtually zero cost to them, but a lot of them abused the generosity and work behind it.   Situations like this only hurt what we're trying to accomplish here - having a community with opinions and experiences and being able to collaborate with manufacturers.

To those who did provide feedback, we totally appreciate it.  I felt that we were able to dial in profiles for those end users.  I totally appreciate your honesty and willingness to try new things.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The project was incredibly educational and I think really educated many of us who had never heard about profiles before.  I know I shared what I had learned with my teammates who now also have begin to seek better profiles and improve their game.  It is a pathetic that some people took advantage.  Things like that ruin it for everyone else.  Thank you for all you did with this.  I know that personal sacrifice was involved.

• Like 1

Its a weird time for Pro Sharp to pull the plug on this if you ask me. With Bauer beginning to roll out their skates with Pro Sharp Profiles and the talk of the ellipsis profile coming out too, you would figure Pro Sharp would double down on this and give more exposure to this. 

On 11/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Unfortunately due to low returns on data from end users, the Prosharp Project is being shut down.  The AS2001 is being packed up and sent back to Prosharp.

I really felt that it would go over well and provide end users an opportunity to try different profiles at virtually zero cost to them, but a lot of them abused the generosity and work behind it.   Situations like this only hurt what we're trying to accomplish here - having a community with opinions and experiences and being able to collaborate with manufacturers.

To those who did provide feedback, we totally appreciate it.  I felt that we were able to dial in profiles for those end users.  I totally appreciate your honesty and willingness to try new things.

Hi JR,

It's been a while since I've been on the site (just looked at my ProSharp reviews, hard to believe almost 2 years ago!). You did a great job with the project. I found a huge benefit with the Zuperior S, and I would have never had access to trying it if it weren't for this program. I've since done some skills coaching both here and in Sweden  and have really encouraged players to give PS a try. There have probably been quite a few "wins" for ProSharp due to your program that might go unrealized. Keep up the good work!

Well now that that's over, can anyone recommend someone that can do ProSharp profiles for me in Southwest Colorado? I wasn't quite done yet... 🙁

For those of us who only got the profiling from you this year and didn't really get to test them out due to COVID, can we still provide reviews later? I feel indebted to write something given how responsive and supportive you were.

Right after you profiled my runners, the local rinks closed, and by the time I moved to the new city, I was only able to skate around 4 times before the rink re-closed (they won't reopen until 2021). It sucks that this project came to an end. With COVID though, I imagine it was bound to limit any real testing this year.

Edited by BlueNux