Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

The NHL is back.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

I saw that yesterday. 

I wonder what the Canadian teams are going to do if they need to bring up a player from an American farm team.

Vancouver Canucks are affiliated with the Utica Comets in Utica, NY. 

Calgary Flames are affiliated with the Stockton Heat in Stockton, CA.
Edmonton Oilers are affiliated with  Bakersfield Condors in Bakersfield, CA.

If they block players from entering the country, or have a 2 week quarantine, their team might be temporarily stuck with a smaller bench. These three farm teams have their secondary farm teams in the US too. 

5 hours ago, caveman27 said:

I saw that yesterday. 

I wonder what the Canadian teams are going to do if they need to bring up a player from an American farm team.

Vancouver Canucks are affiliated with the Utica Comets in Utica, NY. 

Calgary Flames are affiliated with the Stockton Heat in Stockton, CA.
Edmonton Oilers are affiliated with  Bakersfield Condors in Bakersfield, CA.

If they block players from entering the country, or have a 2 week quarantine, their team might be temporarily stuck with a smaller bench. These three farm teams have their secondary farm teams in the US too. 

They're expanding rosters and carrying taxi squads so it's unlikely to be an issue. Also, all teams will be traveling with 3 goaltenders to ensure the Ayres/Foster thing doesn't happen again. Sounds like Quebec and Alberta won't be an issue, Ontario seems like it may get worked out. Manitoba is a bit wishy-washy, and British Columbia is pretty against it. 

The rumor from the insiders right now is that they may start in bubbles temporarily until the provinces work things out.

Also the schedule apparently has teams playing baseball-style schedules, playing in 3-4 game "series". Makes sense as far as limiting travel. Also with them playing 56 games in that many nights, they're basically playing every other night. If they are playing series without travel it should ease the burden quite a bit.

• Like 1

Plus, minimizing travel should also help with potential exposures. Issues could arise should a team get hit with the virus and we could see playoff seedings based on point percentages rather than total points.