Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Miller55

HG12 Sizing

So I am looking into grabbing a pair of hg12 pro stocks. I had a pair years ago but I cannot recall if I wore a 14 or a 15.

I wear 14" in Eagle for wide fitting 4rolls, and they're usually kinda tight on my hand until they really break in.

In anatomical style gloves I need a 15", like qrl pro (retails) and even then, my fingers stick out through the gussets, but I have heard that Warrior fingers run a bit on the short side.

I have heard that CCM pro stock gloves run a half size long, and a 14 might work for me if it's a 14.5 really, and at the same time, a 15" might be fine, but if it's really 15.5 it might be too long. If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

(For reference, I wear 15 in Bauer 2s pro pro stock and 15 in hgqls. I would like the hg12s to fit snug and not too long or short in the fingers. Thanks)

I hav 2 13” pairs and they fit fairly true to size as I have tiny hands. They aren’t a terribly tight anatomical glove but I’d prob go 15 to be sure. You can deal with a Slightly big glove but too small isn’t fun.  

• Like 1

Yeah thanks I ordered 15s. Actually found a pair On sideline that had Digi palms and gussets so I grabbed them. Cost me less than sending a pair to hockey menders to have him do new palms and gussets, so I'm happy.

• Like 1

Awesome! I love mine. That cuff is out of this world. I have tons of gloves different styles and feels but I think I would always choose the 11k/12. Mine just have standard Nash palms as I’ve always preferred it. I’ve never tried digipalm. Bonus if that’s what you wanted! 

5 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Awesome! I love mine. That cuff is out of this world. I have tons of gloves different styles and feels but I think I would always choose the 11k/12. Mine just have standard Nash palms as I’ve always preferred it. I’ve never tried digipalm. Bonus if that’s what you wanted! 

Definitely. I had a pair years ago but was obsessed with leather gloves (I worked as a leather book binder too, so I have a pretty serious affinity for leather) so I sold the 11ks. 

Recently played a game in retail qrl pros and loved the mobility And the cuff but wasn't comfortable with the level of protection, so I figured I'd give the 12s another shot.

If you never tried digital, it's amazing but it's an expensive option and not super durable. I'm not too hard on palms so I can usually get a year out of a pair if I take good care of them, but most people don't get that much life on Digi

Cool! Yeah I got my first pair of leather gloves the other day and they are NICE. My franchise have some of they fake stuff but yeah I see why you like them. I didn’t like the QRL cuff at all. It interferes with my elbow pads so bad plus felt weird. It doesn’t flare like the 12. . 

On 12/25/2020 at 4:32 PM, Tucker16 said:

Cool! Yeah I got my first pair of leather gloves the other day and they are NICE. My franchise have some of they fake stuff but yeah I see why you like them. I didn’t like the QRL cuff at all. It interferes with my elbow pads so bad plus felt weird. It doesn’t flare like the 12. . 

Oh yeah that's nice, I see how the 12s have like a funnel shaped cuff. I have long arms so I didn't have much issue with the pros, but I liked the tight flex cuff idea. 

• Like 1

Old thread I know… but aside from the cuff, how does the fit compare to the QRL? QRL’s are my go to glove but I like matching my sticks to gloves… so I’m shopping around for a CCM. And the hg12’s look ideal or close to the QRL…

11 minutes ago, Yardelm said:

Old thread I know… but aside from the cuff, how does the fit compare to the QRL? QRL’s are my go to glove but I like matching my sticks to gloves… so I’m shopping around for a CCM. And the hg12’s look ideal or close to the QRL…

I've only had QRL's with the funnel cuffs (EK65 specs) which are the same body but different cuff, and for me, the QRL's all felt a bit wider in the backhand than HG12's.  HG12's definitely take more breaking in than QRL's do (which feel broken in from the start) and, in my opinion, the HG12's are a better built glove.

2 hours ago, Yardelm said:

CCMs will be 1/2" bigger overall as well than the Warriors.