Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SILVER82

Streaming world JR games in Canada and the NHL app

Pretty much as the titles says it.  Wondering if anyone here has any experience streaming the world Jr games.  I've done the basic google searches and can see that NHL network is streaming them but Im not sure if this will be available in Canada or not.  If anyone knows anything about this let me know.  There also seems to be an option to buy a TSN subscription, just not sure if it is like there NHL coverage (you have to watch real time).  Before anyone jumps on me.  I'm not looking to watch things for free I actually want to find a subscription service that is easy and simple to use, like the NHL app. 

I love the NHL app and watch all my leafs games that way (except for blackouts).  Speaking of the NHL app I don't see anything about the new season yet.  I know they just announced the season starting Jan 13 just wondering if these games will be available on the NHL app.   

The NHL games this season will be available on NHL.tv, as always. I already got my renewal notification (prior to the season being announced, actually, so that made it pretty obvious they were getting close).

As far as the World Juniors, I'm not sure. If you're in Canada, the TSN subscription should get you access to watch them online (at least the ones TSN is covering, which I assume is all of them). Unfortunately I'm not in Canada so I'm not sure where I'm going to go. Might end up having to use some shady streaming service, as usual. It sucks. Just not a big enough deal down here for any of the standard streaming services to bother carrying them. I really wish the IIHF and NHL would partner to show them on NHL.tv. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

Not sure who your cable provider is, but I get the NHL network as part of my standard package.  I believe they are showing all the games. 

Ca...ble....?

7 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Ca...ble....?

Yes, it is this long snake like thing that screws into a small box with glowing numbers on it that you connect to your television that allows you to watch a multitude of channels to your TV.  Probably an offering of your internet provider. 

3 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Yes, it is this long snake like thing that screws into a small box with glowing numbers on it that you connect to your television that allows you to watch a multitude of channels to your TV.  Probably an offering of your internet provider. 

Sounds like the kind of thing my parents might have. They're big into tech from the previous century. 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, SILVER82 said:

Pretty much as the titles says it.  Wondering if anyone here has any experience streaming the world Jr games.  I've done the basic google searches and can see that NHL network is streaming them but Im not sure if this will be available in Canada or not.  If anyone knows anything about this let me know.  There also seems to be an option to buy a TSN subscription, just not sure if it is like there NHL coverage (you have to watch real time).  Before anyone jumps on me.  I'm not looking to watch things for free I actually want to find a subscription service that is easy and simple to use, like the NHL app. 

I love the NHL app and watch all my leafs games that way (except for blackouts).  Speaking of the NHL app I don't see anything about the new season yet.  I know they just announced the season starting Jan 13 just wondering if these games will be available on the NHL app.   

Every game in the tournament will air on NHL Network in the United States and TSN in Canada. If I recall correctly the TSN stream is live only, use a stream recorder?

And whilst it's not in the right thread, I got to say Group B is nasty, one of the big 3 won't make it out. Could be the US won't medal again.

Other than the teams and format that make up the NHL divisions, no draw is out yet. Edit - draw is now out.

Some dates for the NHL -

Start of the season: January 13
Trade deadline: April 12
End of regular season: May 8
Last possible day of playoffs: July 15
Expansion draft: July 21
NHL Draft: July 23-24
Start of free agency: July 28 

Edited by Vet88
draw now posted.

I broke down and got a TSN subscription.  Pretty crummy you can't watch the games on demand like the NHL app.  You can't even pause games.  beggers can't be choosers though Im just excited for some hockey to be back.  

As far as the NHL app it looks like they are working out the details bc each day they put a bit more info out about which games will be available.  

The easiest answer to all of this would be to just get TV but we don't have it in our house hence me looking for ways to Stream.

Go Canada Go 

Is the season pass the same price as last season? I do Center Ice on DTV, no info has been sent. It would be nice if it included NHL.TV. I don't get how / why it's not included.

Also is this the correct forum for this?

Does anyone know how to get the TSN feed in the US?  I watched the USA-Russia game tonight on NHL Network and the announcers were terrible.  Would’ve much rather heard the Canadian guys.  Seems like the NHLN uses the TSN feed for non team-USA games, but their own announcers on team-USA games?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, shooter27 said:

Does anyone know how to get the TSN feed in the US?  I watched the USA-Russia game tonight on NHL Network and the announcers were terrible.  Would’ve much rather heard the Canadian guys.  Seems like the NHLN uses the TSN feed for non team-USA games, but their own announcers on team-USA games?

Hahaha the only thing worse than USA's overall game was the announcing. You're spot on. Just like with the NHL, if I can get Canadian broadcasters, I pick them over Flyers and National (American) crews 7 days a week. I wanted to mute the game just because I was getting annoyed. And unfortunately, us in the USA don't have a choice when it comes to this tournament.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

Yeah, it sucked.  The were constantly behind the play.  My guess is that they’re using the TSN feed and pumping in pxp from the NHLN studio, but it was still really bad.  

• Like 1

I've been watching the highlights on youtube, because it's free.

The American color commentary is not good. I can just watch it all without the volume on. 

Aside from that, the games are pretty good and fun to watch. 

The one plus about the US broadcast crew is that since they're using guys that do college games and other stuff for the national program, they tend to have a lot more familiarity with the players. I'm ambivalent about their chatter and I will say, I've never cared for Ray Ferraro.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, chippa13 said:

The one plus about the US broadcast crew is that since they're using guys that do college games and other stuff for the national program, they tend to have a lot more familiarity with the players. I'm ambivalent about their chatter and I will say, I've never cared for Ray Ferraro.

I’m kind of so-so on Ferraro, but for the WJC he’s definitely better than the NHLN guys.  I don’t like them when they do college games either, they just seem to be a half step behind at all times.