Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mario123

Bauer Supreme 3S Pro Vs Ultrasonic Skate Fit

Tried on a pair of both of these models in a Fit 3, and the Ultrasonic seemed to be tighter in the forefoot where the boot meets the toe box.

Is there any difference in fit between these two models?

The felt tongue in the 3S pro felt really comfy.

how will both these respond to baking?

I’m trying to figure out which model to go with.

6 hours ago, Mario123 said:

I’m in the intermediate size of 6.5. The Ultrasonic seems significantly stiffer. Has anybody skated or tried these both on?

There will be a slight fit difference as there is more padding and the padding itself is denser in the Ultrasonic. The Ultrasonic boot and tongue will be stiffer due to the overall design. I have skated in both and personally prefer the 3S Pro over the Ultrasonic. 

I definitely noticed that the boot, and padding is stiffer. I’m not sure how the tongue will break in. 
The 3S Pro tongue is very comfortable out of the box. 
Do you think that the stiffness level of the 3S pro will hold up over time. I don’t want the boot to go really soft in a short period of time.

Currently skating in a pair of 7 year old CCM U+ Pro reloaded. They were decent for the first several years, and now they are super flimsy. I know they are old now, but they went really soft fairly quickly.

Not sure what the longevity of a Bauer Curv Composite boot is like. 

3S Pro has first generation Curv and the Ultrasonic has second generation Curv (Carbon Curv).  Carbon Curv is stiffer.  The tongue on the Ultrasonic is much better than what was on the 2S Pro.  Not as stiff and flexes nicely.  The tongue on the 3S Pro is somewhat close to that of a traditional Supreme felt and IMO makes the 3S Pro close to the feel of what the 1S was.

How long a skate lasts depends on several factors such as skaters weight, how often they skate, and how well they take care of their skates.  My 2 year old 2S Pros were structurally just as stiff after 2 years of use skating 5 times/week.  Disclaimer:  I remove the footbeds and dry them on a boot dryer after every skate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo122 said:

3S Pro has first generation Curv and the Ultrasonic has second generation Curv (Carbon Curv).  Carbon Curv is stiffer.  The tongue on the Ultrasonic is much better than what was on the 2S Pro.  Not as stiff and flexes nicely.  The tongue on the 3S Pro is somewhat close to that of a traditional Supreme felt and IMO makes the 3S Pro close to the feel of what the 1S was.

How long a skate lasts depends on several factors such as skaters weight, how often they skate, and how well they take care of their skates.  My 2 year old 2S Pros were structurally just as stiff after 2 years of use skating 5 times/week.  Disclaimer:  I remove the footbeds and dry them on a boot dryer after every skate.

I agree with everything said here. 

6 hours ago, mojo122 said:

imho how long a skate stays stiff is primarily dependent on your bio mechanics. If you are balanced over the top of the skate blade and don't exert extensive side ways forces thru the boot, the boot should stay stiff for ages. If, for example, you pronate heavily in your skating then the boot will open up over time and go soft really fast.

I have the 3S supreme in a 10.5 fit 2 and they fit pretty good.  Today I went down to the local shop and tried on the 3s Pro in the same size and fit and the toe cap area absolutely killed my pinky toes!  I thought a fit 2 was a fit 2 no matter the skate but apparently when you move up to the 3s Pro or the 2X the different toe cap does make a difference.  I will keep you guys in the loop as to what I do next in regards to the 3s Pro skates.