Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cove

How wide are inhalers?

Looking to get some inhalers for rolling around in the summer and some pick up rolley hockey. I wear an 8D tack, but Ill be very honet when saying I love the white of the inhalers. Bauer.com has them in an 8E, am I playing with fire with the extra width? What are some better options in that CCM tack fit?

Inhalers are based on the Bauer Supreme last, so if you like a Supreme you should get whatever size you wear in the old measure of Supremes (prior to fit 1/2/3). Otherwise you can try the CCM Tacks rollers or just have a roller chassis mounted to a Tacks skate that you already like the fit of. Lot of guys just mount rollers on their old skates when they want to get new ones for ice. 

To be frank, I really like the look of the Inhalers with the white. So im more so seeking information on if Im likely to face issues with the E width vs the D i play with. I do get some pain in my feet in my CCMS, but I think im just somewhere between D and E, and how tight I tie my skates is a big part of that. 

I dont know how to describe this better but the widest part of the foot just bellow the toes. Its not always and its usually barely at all. I think im just lookjing for exscuses for why the 8 wide in the inhalers will work out lol 

It's called the forefoot and it's a very common tight spot for lots of folks. It can be punched out. The issue with a wide is that you can't make skates smaller, so if they're too wide you're out of luck. But if your heel fits a D then the EE will be too loose. I would suggest forgetting about looks and getting skates that fit properly. The performance is better and the safety is also much better

Miller, I get it.

Ive worked in shops and fitted for years and been a member forever, Im just kinda stuck in this lol. 

I would just try to find one of the higher end inhalers that actually come in D. Perhaps a discontinued older model on clearance or a barely used pair on SLS, eBay ect. The high end inhaler skates (FZ-0, FZ-1, NLS1, NLS2 and NLS3) are available in both D and EE. It's the FZ-3, FZ-5, NLS4 and NLS5 that are only available in E. 

Probably more than you want to spend, but here are some 8D FZ-1 Inhalers: https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/inline-roller/inline-skates/2567382-mission-senior-inhaler-fz-1-regular-width-size-8-inline-skates

Coast to Coast has some 8D FZ-0's. They aren't cheap, but they're a couple hundred less than hockeymonkey.ca and hockeysupremacy: https://coasthockeyshop.com/collections/senior-inline-roller-hockey-skates/products/mission-inhaler-fz-0-skates?variant=16169750921318

Edited by althoma1

7 hours ago, Cove said:

Miller, I get it.

Ive worked in shops and fitted for years and been a member forever, Im just kinda stuck in this lol. 

Not sure what there is to be stuck on... Sounds like you get it

Edited by Miller55

On 12/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, althoma1 said:

I would just try to find one of the higher end inhalers that actually come in D. Perhaps a discontinued older model on clearance or a barely used pair on SLS, eBay ect. The high end inhaler skates (FZ-0, FZ-1, NLS1, NLS2 and NLS3) are available in both D and EE. It's the FZ-3, FZ-5, NLS4 and NLS5 that are only available in E. 

Probably more than you want to spend, but here are some 8D FZ-1 Inhalers: https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/inline-roller/inline-skates/2567382-mission-senior-inhaler-fz-1-regular-width-size-8-inline-skates

Coast to Coast has some 8D FZ-0's. They aren't cheap, but they're a couple hundred less than hockeymonkey.ca and hockeysupremacy: https://coasthockeyshop.com/collections/senior-inline-roller-hockey-skates/products/mission-inhaler-fz-0-skates?variant=16169750921318

This is actually some very helpful information, thanks bud. 

• Like 1