Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Monty22

Need input from MSH- Iconic stick suggestions needed

I have a buddy that enjoys woodworking. He's quite good and has done several projects for me in the past. He lives across the street , and several winters made a giant whalers logo snow deflector to protect my mailbox from the snow plow's wrath.  He had talked in the past about doing a hockey themed post to hold my mailbox. Well, he was off this week and needless to say he's 90%  done with a 8 foot high 4" x  4" giant hockey stick. Apparently he has a co -worker who does vinyl decals, so the last step is deciding on a paint scheme and graphics.  Here is where MSH comes in. I'm trying to figure out what stick to emulate. It's pressure treated wood, and there is some putty at the heel, which shoots down my first idea of wood grained Northland Gordie Howe style.  I'm considering a  white with red graphics Titan 2020 with the black blade ala Kevin Dineen in keeping with a Whaler theme.  It could be painted very light tan and go with a SherWood 5030 scheme. I'd be remiss if I didn't tap into the collective opinions of MSH so let's hear some suggestions. 

Agreed with all the above, I think the 5030 is the most recognizable/iconic one.  Maybe the PMP 7000 that I believe was more popular in the NHL?  Or you could do something flashy and try to recreate the Gretzky Easton with some shiny paint?

• Like 2

I used Christians as well growing up, thought did cross my mind to do a slapsock Christian blade and Easton shaft , but I think I'm going to go with the 5030 scheme.  Thanks for the input.  I'll post some pics once it's done. 

• Like 2

So the 5030 mailbox is complete! It's a bit over the top, but we are in a very rural area , and it's located in area where it's surrounded by trees. It kind of sneaks up on you when driving.  There is about 2 feet in the ground set in concrete to prevent kids like me when I was 18 or so from walking off with it.  

DSC01494.JPG

Edited by Monty22
  • Like 9

On 5/24/2021 at 7:31 PM, Monty22 said:

So the 5030 mailbox is complete! It's a bit over the top, but we are in a very rural area , and it's located in area where it's surrounded by trees. It kind of sneaks up on you when driving.  There is about 2 feet in the ground set in concrete to prevent kids like me when I was 18 or so from walking off with it.  

DSC01494.JPG

What curve did you decide to use on that badboy? 

In all seriousness I would 100% buy one of those, looks awesome!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 7:31 PM, Monty22 said:

DSC01494.JPG

That turned out nice.