Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Gr8sk837

Thighs burn/ get really tight when skating

My thighs have been feeling really bad lately and im not sure what the problem is. Every time when skating at my fastest for a short amount of time my thighs start to really start to act up. They get reallt tight and It hurts to skate. I really need to figure out what the problem is because its affecting how I play and the level I play at.

It could be a million different things from skating a hollow/sharpness that doesn't match you to lack of between skates fitness to hydration issues to statin intolerance. 

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

It could be a million different things from skating a hollow/sharpness that doesn't match you to lack of between skates fitness to hydration issues to statin intolerance. 

Ive been skating for all my life im 16 currently and its been starting to act up in the last 2 years outta no where. Hydration wise I usually drink a gallon of water a day but its just been killing trying to go full speed and outta no where it feels like my thighs are going to give out and i cant do it anymore.

5 hours ago, Gr8sk837 said:

They get reallt tight and It hurts to skate. 

Where does it hurt:- inner groin, front of groin, outer hip, on the hip bone (greater trochanter area), inside the hip, back of the hip etc etc? Any pain at rest, during the night when sleeping (it wakes you up especially if you are lying on your side), in the morning when you wake up? Can you press in the area where it hurts and get a pain response? Or you can't press into the pain because the pain seems to come from inside the hip? If you can press into the pain, does it feel like a hard knot or multiple knots where you are pressing? Any pain when walking, running or doing off ice exercises say in a gym? Any pain or tightness in the front of the groin when you do deep squats or are sitting for while, especially after a game? Any pain if you do stretches or rotate the leg thru different angles (say when lying on your back - lift the knee up to the chest then rotate the knee outwards until flat on the surface)?

Edited by Vet88

get your hips checked out.  i got 2 jacked up hips from hockey.  itll cause pain and tightness in other areas.

Edited by evor1

Just go to an orthopod and let them figure it out.  Lots of possibilities can get thrown about on the internet but nobody here is going to be able to diagnose from a description of tight, hurting thighs.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, Gr8sk837 said:

My thighs have been feeling really bad lately and im not sure what the problem is. Every time when skating at my fastest for a short amount of time my thighs start to really start to act up. They get reallt tight and It hurts to skate. I really need to figure out what the problem is because its affecting how I play and the level I play at.

Lean forward more, knees bent so they are ahead of toe caps.  Sounds like weight is too far back.

It sounds to me like your muscles just has begun to mature. They now store the lactic acid more easily. You have probably also much stronger and more explosive legs now.

• Like 1