Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
LoneStar77

Elbow Pad - Replace loop fastener so strap stays put?

I love my Warrior Franchise Elbows even if they are super old, but the sling wrap strap on both pads (middle strap on the pad) is no longer sticking to the inside forearm part where the loop fastener is located (the hooks from the sling wrap strap work on the lower forearm part  where the pad wraps around & has another attachment point so I know it is not the strap that is the issue - I assume the jersey rubbing on the exposed loops has worn them out). Is there a method to replacing the worn out section of loops?

I thought about just gluing a new section of loops over the existing loops, but I figured I would ask here before drastically altering my gear. I wear an Under Armour long sleeve undershirt with the grippy parts & still when I strap the sling wrap lower so it stays attached my pads slip down a bit sometimes & it bothers me...even if I am not very good to begin with, every little bit matters right?!?!

If pictures are needed to assist, I can take & post some later...not currently sitting anywhere near my pads.

Any gear repair place should easily be able to remove the velcro and sew a new patch on. Don't glue over because it probably won't hold strong enough. I had it done with my old elbows (also warrior pro stocks) and they came out great. Check for a local shop that does gear repair or a local team eqm that might do it for you. 

• Thanks 1

What I did with my AXLTs when the loop side had worn out was buy a package velcro straps https://www.velcro.com/products/ties-and-straps/900600__all-purpose-strap/?shape=strap&size=18in-x-1in&color=black and stitch it as an extension to the sling wrap. It gives a full wrap around your forearm and locks the pad very nicely. I'll take some pictures when I get home this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Doug said:

What I did with my AXLTs when the loop side had worn out was buy a package velcro straps https://www.velcro.com/products/ties-and-straps/900600__all-purpose-strap/?shape=strap&size=18in-x-1in&color=black and stitch it as an extension to the sling wrap. It gives a full wrap around your forearm and locks the pad very nicely. I'll take some pictures when I get home this evening.

20210106-210056.jpg

20210106-210109.jpg

20210106-210139.jpg

• Like 6

STX elbows and shins have this as a built in feature. It wasn’t something I felt anyway about when I bought them, but love it now.

It’s the forearm strap on elbows and the strap above the calf for shins. Rather than just pulling the two sides together, it provides a full wrap and does a good job keeping it locked in place. 

• Like 2