Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mtn

CCM fit and pitch - Jetspeed and Tacks

Hi all, 

I picked up a pair of 2017 model year Jetspeeds Xtra Pro (based off FT370) when a LHS was going out of business for an insanely good deal. They fit well enough that if I were just a beer-leaguer, I wouldn't be making this thread. But I'm not a beer leaguer; I'm a referee. Being in my skates for 20 hours over a 3 day weekend is not uncommon, and the Jetspeeds aren't cutting it. They pinch my forefoot just a too much. By  - so with that, I'm considering Tacks, but have some questions. Obviously the best answer would be to go try some on, but I've been having a hard time finding any locally - I will eventually, I'm sure, but until then I have some questions. 

• I'm a size 8 in the Jetspeeds, 271 holder (again, 2017 model). Do the Tacks (2018 and up) have the same sizing standards for the length?
  • Is the pitch the same in the Jetspeeds as the Tacks?
  • Knowing that I need to try these on, does MSH think that I should consider EE Jetspeeds? How does the heel compare on EE Jetspeeds to D Tacks?
  • I've read that Tacks are very stiff. The only thing I'm concerned about in that department is ankle flex. How is it if you drop the top eyelet? For comparison, I have traditionally been in Grafs, and drop the top eyelet on the Jetspeeds. 
  • Any other words of wisdom for folks who went from Jetspeeds to Tacks, or vice versa?

If they fit you well everywhere else why don't you take them to a shop and get them stretched? I did this with my Jetspeeds (admittedly I did it at home but a shop can do it just as easily).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vet88 said:

If they fit you well everywhere else why don't you take them to a shop and get them stretched? I did this with my Jetspeeds (admittedly I did it at home but a shop can do it just as easily).

Agreed.