Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

STX HRP2 Pro gloves

If you look at the IG teasers the HPR2 Pro glove is still a 4 roll glove. This looks like the successor to the RX3 gloves

Edit: pro gloves release the 22nd. In the IG comments for this pic STX said the release date for these gloves are tbd

Edited by nutters
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hills said:

These aren't the HPR2 Pro gloves.

Bummer

8 minutes ago, nutters said:

If you look at the IG teasers the HPR2 Pro glove is still a 4 roll glove. This looks like the successor to the RX3 gloves

Edit: pro gloves release the 22nd. In the IG comments for this pic STX said the release date for these gloves are tbd

So sad. These look awesome. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

The hand breaks look very similar to the RZR lacrosse gloves released last year, which used a single molded foam piece for the backhand with segmentation cutouts... If that tech has been moved over to hockey gloves I can see it being an interesting change in how protection packages are made.

• Like 2

They are legit the most broken in and mobile glove I have ever worn and the protection was as good as their pro stocks I put it up against. People were thrown off by the design, but the second they put them on everyone I showed them to loved them.

Should be called "Halo" like the stick.

10 minutes ago, Hills said:

They are legit the most broken in and mobile glove I have ever worn and the protection was as good as their pro stocks I put it up against. People were thrown off by the design, but the second they put them on everyone I showed them to loved them.

To clarify, you've tried these unreleased gloves that are "RZR" style, rather than the HPR2 Pros as mentioned in the thread title, which the initial photo does not show?. This is getting a little overly confusing for the poor brain.

1 minute ago, robbjbyoung said:

To clarify, you've tried these unreleased gloves that are "RZR" style, rather than the HPR2 Pros as mentioned in the thread title, which the initial photo does not show?. This is getting a little overly confusing for the poor brain.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear haha. We should probably request the thread title to be changed.

Those look dangerous. They're so ugly, but they look like they will perform incredibly. They look like they will be very comfortable and mobile with all the finger breaks. 

4 hours ago, Hills said:

Are they as tight in the fingers and backhand as the old Surgeon 500 gloves or is the fit more like the current RX3 that is tapered, but not quite as snug as the previous model? Or is it completely different than either?

Edited by althoma1

22 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

Are they as tight in the fingers and backhand as the old Surgeon 500 gloves or is the fit more like the current RX3 that is tapered, but not quite as snug as the previous model? Or is it completely different than either?

Considering the Lacrosse gloves that look very similar are called Surgeon RZR, it's likely these will be called Surgeon RZR Hockey gloves. I'm guessing the RX3 replacement stick will be called the RZR as well.

Halo is a cool name, but the stick is a mid-kick without the Puregrip shaft; so in that sense it doesn't fit with the Surgeon line; the specs make it sound closer to a lighter HPR stick. I'm guessing that the Surgeon RX3 stick replacement will eventually be the Surgeon RZR. 

The prototypes were super loose fitting. But I know the fit wasn't finalized so I can't say how they will actually be.

These gloves will be called Halo, not sure if they will be Surgeons or what. They had HPR2 pieces on the prototypes.

• Thanks 1

It would be a shame of the PureGrip died as I hope he Surgeon line continues and the Halo is just a specialty stick in the same line as the ADV, Fantom, etc..

As for the gloves, they appear to be a cool idea, however, my thinking at the moment is that it is going to be a gimmick that doesn't really improve grip, but catches eyes. Also, with so many breaks I hope there is additional protection underneath.

• Like 1

Just now, nutters said:

It would be a shame of the PureGrip died as I hope he Surgeon line continues and the Halo is just a specialty stick in the same line as the ADV, Fantom, etc..

As for the gloves, they appear to be a cool idea, however, my thinking at the moment is that it is going to be a gimmick that doesn't really improve grip, but catches eyes. Also, with so many breaks I hope there is additional protection underneath.

Why would they aim for a glove to improve grip, you have sticks with grip to do that?

The point of the breaks is to minimize gaps in protection while keeping them extremely mobile. 2 piece fingers have bigger gaps in the padding that 3 piece fingers do. So, 8 breaks will have even less protection gaps.

21 minutes ago, Hills said:

The prototypes were super loose fitting. But I know the fit wasn't finalized so I can't say how they will actually be.

These gloves will be called Halo, not sure if they will be Surgeons or what. They had HPR2 pieces on the prototypes.

Oh, I didn't realize you already knew the name of the gloves. I thought you were suggesting they call them Halo and they hadn't released a name yet. 

Mobile is great, but I don't like loose; so personally, I hope they tighten things up before they release them. Thanks for the information.

Edited by althoma1

15 minutes ago, Hills said:

Why would they aim for a glove to improve grip, you have sticks with grip to do that?

The point of the breaks is to minimize gaps in protection while keeping them extremely mobile. 2 piece fingers have bigger gaps in the padding that 3 piece fingers do. So, 8 breaks will have even less protection gaps.

Better, more natural fit in the hand

As for the breaks, they may very well be more protective, but I feel like there is a protection flaw in there. I hope not as this is the innovation we need in the equipment industry

Hey guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster 🙂

I work for STX and manage their Ice Hockey division. Hills over here has been an integral part in providing us with feedback on an initial prototype that we sent him.

To answer some of your questions... 

• Fit: The Halo glove (pictured), will be tight to hand, similar to the Surgeon line. We can't have these be loose fitting, otherwise the purpose will essentially be defeated. 
  • Protection: We would not be pursuing this product if protection wasn't a first thought. As someone pointed, we took inspiration from our RZR lacrosse glove. We beefed it up, and have put the gloves through industry standard protection testing. The gloves have passed with flying colors. We also have prototypes out in the marketing with elite youth and junior players.
  • Release date: TBD... most likely May/June

HPR2 Pro gloves:

• Improved four roll glove based off the HPR2.
  • Releasing this Friday.

I like to talk gear. Email me at ericb@stx.com if you'd like to shoot the shit. 

• Like 7