Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CaptainCharisma

XCBlade runners

23 minutes ago, Wrxnch- said:

Which website ? Can’t seem to find it on XC blade website if that’s what you meant. 

Yeah, not sure where, but I remember seeing it, since Conor Bedard is on Flare and Fantilli is on xCBlades....  But also, the owners showed me his custom UM blades too.  Actually pretty cool if you can skate on them. 

6 hours ago, smcgreg said:

Adam Fantili is on them as well.  He will be a top 3 draft pick this year and likely in the NHL next season. 

40 minutes ago, Wrxnch- said:

Oh nice how do you know he uses them ? 

I was curious and googled, he uses Flare blades along with a few other NHL'ers, didn't see anything about anyone using XC Blades.

edit: the page listing players on Flare: https://flareskateblade.com/#testimonials

Edited by xstartxtodayx

6 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I was curious and googled, he uses Flare blades along with a few other NHL'ers, didn't see anything about anyone using XC Blades.

edit: the page listing players on Flare: https://flareskateblade.com/#testimonials

Ah ok yes he’s using flare too. Not many actually know about XC blades because it’s not such a large company. I think if more NHL players tried them they would be pretty impressed as they have been with flare. I can see it making its way into NHL soon. 

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Please stop posting coupon codes. You’ve been warned already. 

Will you delete the other coupon code too ? For all we know he could be affiliated to that freestyle skater and be making money sharing that code?!

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Done.

Posts can be reported, that’s how I was notified about yours. Didn’t know about his. 

Great. We can’t be giving people discounts. They must pay full price 😉 

21 minutes ago, Wrxnch- said:

Great. We can’t be giving people discounts. They must pay full price 😉 

Listen, it's a great community that's been built here, no need for snarky remarks.

Just now, JR Boucicaut said:

I pulled back your warning.  

No, you won’t use my site to grant you a bigger audience for coupon codes. 

Well that wasn’t my intention, in fact I requested a code from the company for the purpose of sharing… my fellow team players have benefited from it so I thought those on here may benefit too. I won’t think about others in future. My apologies 🙂

Just now, Gswift said:

Listen, it's a great community that's been built here, no need for snarky remarks.

It is, and I would hope that this community would share me some new products to try out too. And if they had discounts available I hope they will share it with me. 

1 minute ago, Wrxnch- said:

Well that wasn’t my intention, in fact I requested a code from the company for the purpose of sharing… my fellow team players have benefited from it so I thought those on here may benefit too. I won’t think about others in future. My apologies 🙂

If the company is serious about getting more exposure, they can contact me and see if we can set up reviews; we don’t make testers pay to review product. 

Just now, JR Boucicaut said:

If the company is serious about getting more exposure, they can contact me and see if we can set up reviews; we don’t make testers pay to review product. 

I see, well I was willing to pay, and I did, in order to try this product out. It appears that the company provides heavily discounted testers but it doesn’t seem they offer free ones. 

I am using the medium curve DLC & I am amazed at how well they hold there edge in tight turns but I am feeling kind of sketchy up near the toe of the blade, I have only had 1 public skate & 1 beer league game. A question for  those using these blades did you guys have a adjustment period to get used to them? Should I expect to adjust to the blade soon? ATM I have mixed feelings about them.

8 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

I am using the medium curve DLC & I am amazed at how well they hold there edge in tight turns but I am feeling kind of sketchy up near the toe of the blade, I have only had 1 public skate & 1 beer league game. A question for  those using these blades did you guys have a adjustment period to get used to them? Should I expect to adjust to the blade soon? ATM I have mixed feelings about them.

Sketchy in what way? Like you keep catching your toe?

6 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Sketchy in what way? Like you keep catching your toe?

I skate on soft ice , the hollow is 1 inch ,it kind of feels like I got half inch near the toe like there  eager to grab a corner if I am making any sense.No doubt that's because of the various flaring at the toe.

Other then that I am very impressed with them & I have had no other blade that can hold a edge like them.

Edited by Sprungdownunder

6 minutes ago, Sprungdownunder said:

I skate on soft ice , the hollow is 1 inch ,it kind of feels like I got half inch near the toe like there  eager to grab a corner if I am making any sense.No doubt that's because of the various flaring at the toe.

Other then that I am very impressed with them & I have had no other blade that can hold a edge like them.

You probably have them at 3/4. The DLC blades come sharpened to a 3/4 not a 1 inch even though the package actually says 1”. 

I’m unsure on what you’re talking about with the extra hold on the toe. I do not experience any problems. Perhaps it’s to do with your skating style? For me I feel no negative effects. Just the extra stability and speed.

17 minutes ago, Wrxnch- said:

You probably have them at 3/4. The DLC blades come sharpened to a 3/4 not a 1 inch even though the package actually says 1”. 

I’m unsure on what you’re talking about with the extra hold on the toe. I do not experience any problems. Perhaps it’s to do with your skating style? For me I feel no negative effects. Just the extra stability and speed.

That could be a problem if they are 3/4 because of the soft ice I skate on.

Its kind of strange  that on one hand i feel the improvement in crossovers ,c cuts, tight cornering , mohawks & acceleration but on the other hand if I get lazy with my posture it can grab a slight edge.

A similar feeling is when I had T- blades that where too sharp & they go in a rut.

Having said this I will go as far as say they have a edge (no pun intended) on the competition in my opinion & I have tried marsblades first gen ,second gen,step DLC, bladetech & others apart from flare.

Do you follow the same hollow adjustment that Flare uses here or just regular hollow? I am currently on 3/4 and wondering if with these I should go up to 1-1/8 or so or just stay on 3/4. Any input from anybody?

45 minutes ago, Malarowski said:

Do you follow the same hollow adjustment that Flare uses here or just regular hollow? I am currently on 3/4 and wondering if with these I should go up to 1-1/8 or so or just stay on 3/4. Any input from anybody?

You need to go with a more shallow hollow.