Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Miller55

Supreme Fit Sizing

Question about the sizing differences between different years of Supreme lines. My brother has a teammate who is looking to unload a basically new pair of MX3s. I wore MX3s back then and liked them and actually felt like they had even a bit more volume than the 1S and 2S Pros, which I would prefer.

The thing I can't remember is if the sizing was different. For some reason I seem to recall a half size change between the MX3s and 1Ss, but I can't remember which direction and I could be altogether wrong. If I take a 9 in 1S what would my size be in the MX3? Anyone remember?

2 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Bump? Am I dreaming? Is there a half size difference in Bauer skates from the 2015-2017 model years? 

I think starting with the 1S the skates are 1/4 size shorter in length. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I think starting with the 1S the skates are 1/4" shorter in length. 

Pardon my ignorance, a 1/4" is a half size?

Or a 1/4 size?

I can tell you that a 7.5D MX3 was very slightly too small for me, while a 7.5 Fit 2 3S fit well.  Can't tell you why, but anecdotally it would suggest that the current line fits slightly bigger.  (I'm almost 50, so my foot has not grown 😛 )

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Sorry, 1/4 in size smaller. 

Gotcha, that's the opposite of how I remember. I thought the 1S was bigger by a 1/4-1/2 size, but I guess that's why I asked.

1 hour ago, boo10 said:

I can tell you that a 7.5D MX3 was very slightly too small for me, while a 7.5 Fit 2 3S fit well.  Can't tell you why, but anecdotally it would suggest that the current line fits slightly bigger.  (I'm almost 50, so my foot has not grown 😛 )

Haha, that's how I remembered it too. 

Dang, this is confusing lol. I wear a 9 in 1S and feel like I can probably squeeze down to an 8.5 once they're broken in.

I wore 7.5 Nexus 1000s, which were too small on me and gave me major hammer toe, but didn't bother me at all when skating and from there I went to MX3 but I can't remember what size. I'm thinking they might have been a 9 as well. The ones that I can get are an 8.5, so if they fit like an 8.75 that's fine, but if they fit like an 8.25 then that won't work. Worst case I just don't get them but I'm a sucker for a good deal and could use the extra volume that I remember them having

Edited by Miller55

55 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Gotcha, that's the opposite of how I remember. I thought the 1S was bigger by a 1/4-1/2 size, but I guess that's why I asked.

Haha, that's how I remembered it too. 

Dang, this is confusing lol. I wear a 9 in 1S and feel like I can probably squeeze down to an 8.5 once they're broken in.

I wore 7.5 Nexus 1000s, which were too small on me and gave me major hammer toe, but didn't bother me at all when skating and from there I went to MX3 but I can't remember what size. I'm thinking they might have been a 9 as well. The ones that I can get are an 8.5, so if they fit like an 8.75 that's fine, but if they fit like an 8.25 then that won't work. Worst case I just don't get them but I'm a sucker for a good deal and could use the extra volume that I remember them having

I previously wore a 7EE in the MX3 and now wear a 7.5 FIT2 though I can barely squeeze into a 7.0 FIT3, so maybe the changes in the Bauer FIT System may change how skates fit as well. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 2

Nick is correct, starting in 2016 with the 1S, all the lasts got 1/4 size smaller. This was partly due to the change to the SpeedPlates from the footbed that had the removable tabs. Since retail sizing is in 1/2 size increments, most people would need to size up a half size when going from the MX3 to the 1S, and down a 1/2 size going the other way. If you have an inbetween 1/4 size, you could possibly stay the same size. Tl:dr - if a MX3 and 1S are the same size, the 1S will fit smaller. 

• Like 1

You're going to have different opinions on this.  Without knowing whether they're were any changes made to the last (and I don't see why they would have) the fit should be relatively the same.  I went down a half size when going from the MX3 to the 1S.  I attributed this to the extremely thin MX3 tongue and the more traditional 52 ounce tongue on the 1S.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mojo122 said:

You're going to have different opinions on this.  Without knowing whether they're were any changes made to the last (and I don't see why they would have) the fit should be relatively the same.  I went down a half size when going from the MX3 to the 1S.  I attributed this to the extremely thin MX3 tongue and the more traditional 52 ounce tongue on the 1S.

There were changes to the last because of the aforementioned footbed change and the toe cap design.  That was confirmed to me by a product design and fit expert at Bauer.  The last is 1/8"-1/4" shorter and the toe cap is more anatomically shaped, wider at the back, more narrow at the front.

3 hours ago, mojo122 said:

This is counterintuitive to me. I always assumed the tongue difference was the major factor in the perceived volume difference. I swapped the tongues on my 1S and 2S Pros and I definitely got some extra space in top of the foot.

What I don't get is why a thicker tongue in the 1S would allow you to size down. Unless you're saying that the 1S fit so much bigger for you that even with the thicker tongue you were still able to go down a half size...? 

Did anything change with the toecaps?

No, changes to the toecap didn't occur until the Ultrasonic.  I didn't notice a volume difference, just that the 1S fit bigger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

No, changes to the toecap didn't occur until the Ultrasonic.  I didn't notice a volume difference, just that the 1S fit bigger.

The toe cap did change. Its just VERY subtle. 

Bauer-1S-LE-skate-7169.jpg?v=1528700616

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Well, our Bauer rep confirmed the same thing @psulion22 stated.... so I am not sure what you want me to say. 

Wow, you know a Bauer rep. I'm impressed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Alright fellas, easy there. Interesting to me that there is no consensus on this one. I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth the risk of having extra skates sitting around taking up space since it seems like there are confirmed reports from Bauer that the last is smaller, but there are anecdotal reports that they fit bigger. Hung jury

5 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Purely cosmetic

Except it isn’t. The toe cap changed enough from the MX3 to the 2S Pro that I was able to switch to a D width from an EE. I needed the EE in every skate going back to the One90 only to fit my foot right at the base of the toe cap. The D width 2S Pro doesn’t have that problem. Sooo…

• Like 1

Have someone mentioned that ultrasonics have 9 eyelets per row than previous models had 10 eyelets per row? Is the top eyelet of the ultrasonic skates still the same height than the top eyelet of the 2s pro?