Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

DIGITAL VS PEARL MUSTANG PALMS

I am looking for some new gloves.  I have narrowed my search down to two pro stock gloves.  One has pearl mustang palms and the other is digital palm.  I am looking for a thinner type palm. I read the information on Pro Stock Hockey about the hockey glove palms.  The information was helpful, but I am looking for  additional feedback from others who have used either type of palms.   Thanks

21 minutes ago, jeffg said:

I am looking for some new gloves.  I have narrowed my search down to two pro stock gloves.  One has pearl mustang palms and the other is digital palm.  I am looking for a thinner type palm. I read the information on Pro Stock Hockey about the hockey glove palms.  The information was helpful, but I am looking for  additional feedback from others who have used either type of palms.   Thanks

Digital Palms are as thin as you can go, they have amazing grip and outstanding feel, but the durability is terrible. Most people will use Digital as an overlay on top of AX Suede, Nash, or some other material for their shooting hand. I have also seen people use only a single layer of Digital for the shooting hand and AX Suede, Mustang, etc for the top hand. 

This guy lists all available materials: 

https://hockeymenders.com/hockey-glove-repalming 

If it was me I would go with the Pearl Mustang. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

Both are performance palms and thin.  I've had both and prefer mustang as digital on top of grip sticks is too grippy for me.  Neither will be durable though.

Digital it's thinner with better feel. Mustang is very comfortable, but digi has a better feel imo. Pearl is thicker than yellow mustang in my experience, even though Pittard's, the company that produces both, lists them both at .8mm thickness, I have always found pearl to be thicker than both yellow and black mustang (which eagle offers). The advantage to pearl is less grippy and maybe slightly more durable

If thin and best feel is your priority, digital it's the way to go. 

Edited by Miller55
Typo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, start_today said:

Is there a way to visually identify what a palm material is? Seller wasn't sure when I asked them.  

Looks like Micronash Ice to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1