Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Thumb Loops: Cannot Believe I Just Figured This Out!

56 minutes ago, start_today said:

Is there anything tricky about resewing cut thumb loops? Just get a piece of leather and speedy stitcher and have at it? 

Pretty much straight forward. My brother did it on a pair of Erik karlson pro stocks and it was fine until he repalmed them

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

What am I supposed to be seeing?  I'm doing great with them cut.

See his thumb exposed on his lower hand while he is gripping the stick?  OUCH!!!!

Looks like it is exposed on his top hand as well.

Edited by krisdrum

Well...always gonna be exposed somewhere. I played D3 defense in Cooper SB-94 shoulder pads with the caps cut off...I'm no stranger to danger...and yeah...it's stoopid...my choice🤣

• Like 2

Howdy,

3 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Here is a good illustration of why you don't want to cut the thumb loops:

LGKFq8g.jpg

I think you meant "why you should wear a cage", right?

🙂

Mark

1 hour ago, the_game said:

At the end of the day, just like almost all hockey gear related questions, it all comes down to personal preference.

Exactly. It’s your choice really and comfort. Just because it’s not as protective or something doesn’t really matter. Lots of pros cut the loops. I do on some gloves if they are super stiff. It’s all personal preference.  

• Like 1

It definitely is all personal preference. But, if you recall, this thread was literally for the express purpose of hearing the arguments against cutting loops. So it's not like people in here who explain why not to cut loops are trying to inhibit anyone's personal choice. They are just responding to the thread and staying on topic. 

• Like 1