Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
218hockey

extra lower back, kidney protection ?

Hello,

My son got cross checked in his last game right between the shoulder pads and the breezers. He's layed up now and going to miss four games this weekend. The docter commented on how his rib cage was slightly extended/longer than most. What is a good way to protect this part of the body? Just taller breezers/pants?

I'm not looking for lower back support, just need a little more protection.

23 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

Hello,

My son got cross checked in his last game right between the shoulder pads and the breezers. He's layed up now and going to miss four games this weekend. The docter commented on how his rib cage was slightly extended/longer than most. What is a good way to protect this part of the body? Just taller breezers/pants?

Do you still have any of your son's previous shoulder pads that he may have grown out of? Or just a pair that you're not using anymore? You could remove the chest or back pieces and stitch them to his current pads. Failing that, check for used pairs in decent shape. With a little handiwork or service from a skate shop (or cobbler if that's not an option) you could have extra protection at little cost.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Hello,

https://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_Padded_Player/descpage-CPPLS.html

17 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I actually used these on a couple pairs of pads before I statred playing in our local over 40 leauge. The pads I had didn't have the straps so I just speedy stitched the black pad portion to the lower edge of my CCM V08 shoulder pads i used at the time. The white plastic "plate" has slots for the velcro loops on the black pad portion and they went right on. Took about ten minutes to do. Perfect size and plenty of protection. I think the pics I have are all on my old lap top, but I'll dig around.   

Edited by Monty22
Add link

Another option is to canabilize a jr goalie chest/arm for the chest piece. They are segmented so should conform to his back better than a solid piece. We seem to have goalie C/A in the "free biin" at my local rink.  

• Like 1