Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Fertnig14

2021 missions

On 2/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, robbjbyoung said:

If you take the "-E" to mean Westings rather than a hyphenated Eastings (which is not how I've ever seen it done, but from UK, MMV), you end up in Blainville, Quebec, at the location of the BAUER HOCKEY Corporate office. 

FtyuwKU.png

Seems to be the answer, makes way more sense than a lake in Kazakhstan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:46 AM, steve66 said:

Seems to be the answer, makes way more sense than a lake in Kazakhstan

Maybe that’s where they belong given the looks.

Fortunately I fit into Vapor inlines. I fit Supreme ice skates, but not Mission inlines, they feel uncomfortable. Odd. 

Huh. Using that Puck Stop site, you can get the WM01 shipped the the US for £568 which is only $783 USD. Aren’t these supposed to sell for $1K+ in the US? Seems like a good way to save a few hundred bucks...

On 3/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, Westside said:

Huh. Using that Puck Stop site, you can get the WM01 shipped the the US for £568 which is only $783 USD. Aren’t these supposed to sell for $1K+ in the US? Seems like a good way to save a few hundred bucks...

Assuming wm01 is top of the line, then yes. But if it goes like the fz series (fz0 being the best offering), wm01 would be equivalent to fz1, which retailed for 750. 

Edited by Miller55
Typos

5 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Assuming wm01 is top of the line, then yes. But if it goes like the fz series (fz0 being the best offering), wm01 would be equivalent to fz1, which retailed for 750. 

According to this article, they are the top model: http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2021/03/12/mission-inhaler-wm01-roller-hockey-skates/

• Like 1

Maybe it's due to the pandemic and the inline shortages? It's definitely weird to see the previous model at full price when a new model is released. Usually the discounts on the old models start before the new models are released and get steeper over time.

Possibly due to the Pandemic they may still have too much stock to clear before discounting?

I’ m not sure, haven’t looked at FZ quantities either.

Either way if they do go on sale you are more or less getting the same skate with the exception of foam, tendon guard and toe box update.

• Like 1

Last year there was a serious shortage of inline skates in the US and Europe as so many people were getting into skating due to lockdown, and rink closures. Some were returning to a hobby of their youth, others were newcomers. Maybe that is why prices are high. Wheels are still hard to get in the UK, and skates are available in limited sizes. 

Incidentally in the UK the old Missions were recently available with a huge discount, they sold pretty quickly. 

I was not a fan of the look or fit. Felt wide and unstable. Got Alkali Revel 2s until the new Bauer Vapor inlines come out and hopefully use the fit system.

If you have a wide foot then Missions are likely great but mine is narrow just deep.