Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
salibandy

Hockey pants repair

I would get black nylon fabric that would cover the area that contains the hip pad plus the foam around it plus an inch all around.

It would be two trapezoid (or parallelogram) nylon pieces, inner and outer parts, that you would sew together on the left, right and bottom side. The top would be left open.

Now, you have what looks like a flat, polygonal tote bag. Put the tote bag thing over the damaged hip pad area. Sew the top closed so it closes up the opening of the tote bag patch, and it connect to the pant.

So you want to make the length and width larger than the 2-dimensional size of the hip pad area, to allow for the depth of the hip pad to fit inside. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Yes it does. Would I look to replace the foam that's been abraded from edge of the pad too? Or will just covering it up with nylon be enough, in essence just preventing it from becoming worse?

On 2/20/2021 at 10:59 PM, salibandy said:

Yes it does. Would I look to replace the foam that's been abraded from edge of the pad too? Or will just covering it up with nylon be enough, in essence just preventing it from becoming worse?

Maybe, just so that side would be symmetrical with the other non-damaged side. I don't know what it does, protection-wise, since it's really light-weight foam.

• Like 1