Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Amazinmets73

Mint shooting pads

We have a pretty decent sized setup of tiles from Snipers Edge.  On sale, you should be able to get 20 sq-ft for around $100 or so.  They also sell mats.  I think the advantage of the tiles is that they're easy to break down and only have a 1'x1' footprint when stacked.  Your mileage may vary.

Depending on how mobile you need it to be, a big melamine tile from Home Depot with pledge sprayed on it is a great option. Pucks slide great, and it’s probably less than $40 after taxes.  

But, if you’re trying to move it indoors to outdoors on a regular basis, it is unwieldy and heavy. I cut mine down to two smaller pieces. I stand on one piece and shoot off of the other. Works great! 

• Like 1

If you're creating a permanent practice area, you might want to think about buying tiles. For around $120, you can get like 20 tiles to create a 4ftX5ft  adjustable shape shooting area. Over time, you can invest in more tiles to create a larger area.