Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Tucker16

Old jofa catalogs

Yeah there’s lots of gems in here. I didn’t realize jofa owned koho and titan. I’m also only 26 so it was before my time. But I do love jofa protective. I have shins and elbows. The shoulders were too much for me (CL for life) but the durability and protection is out of this world. 

Jofa didn’t own KoHo, but they owned Titan! But both brands were under the same umbrella and distributed by the same company, kinda like Canstar with Bauer, cooper, Micron etc..

KoHo were a Finnish brand, while jofa/titan were Swedish. Both were bought by Reebok

• Like 1

14 hours ago, swede said:

Jofa didn’t own KoHo, but they owned Titan! But both brands were under the same umbrella and distributed by the same company, kinda like Canstar with Bauer, cooper, Micron etc..

KoHo were a Finnish brand, while jofa/titan were Swedish. Both were bought by Reebok

Titan was a Finnish brand as well.

Koho-tuote Oy was established in 1964 by Finnish hockey player Kai Aro. He started the Titan hockey stick development in Helsinki during his student days. Titan stick was developed by Antti-Jussi Tiitola in early 70's. The company was founded in late 60's. Finnish sport equipment company Karhu (Est.1916) bought Titan 1972. Cooperation with Wayne Gretzky started in Lake Placed olympics 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCM_(ice_hockey)

Edited by decoy
wiki quote

39 minutes ago, flip12 said:

It's insane that essentially the same shin pad Connor McDavid uses debuted already in the early 80's!

What does he use? 6090s? (8k pro/21k pro?) I know he wears 20k elbows and CL shoulders. 

Most of the greatest skaters since the 90's have worn the "7K" style shin, and McD's one of them. It's the classic Jofa shin without the Hyper-X feature. It looks like it dates back to '81 or '82, with some tweaks coming in the following years. It's been a relatively stable piece since 1990, with minor variations. I'm not sure which version McDavid's got, but it's easy to see it's that lineage from the profile of the shin just below the knee cap.

general-view-is-seen-of-the-locker-room-

It's a little old (2018) but this picture shows that at that point he might have still been using 7Ks, but you can just see how they have that hd foam upper shin strip where the Hyper-X piece would be. CCM's been tinkering with that area the last few years, but it used to just be 7K or 8K style.

Edited by flip12
Picture
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

Most of the greatest skaters since the 90's have worn the "7K" style shin, and McD's one of them. It's the classic Jofa shin without the Hyper-X feature. It looks like it dates back to '81 or '82, with some tweaks coming in the following years. It's been a relatively stable piece since 1990, with minor variations. I'm not sure which version McDavid's got, but it's easy to see it's that lineage from the profile of the shin just below the knee cap.

general-view-is-seen-of-the-locker-room-

It's a little old (2018) but this picture shows that at that point he might have still been using 7Ks, but you can just see how they have that hd foam upper shin strip where the Hyper-X piece would be. CCM's been tinkering with that area the last few years, but it used to just be 7K or 8K style.

Haha wow, that’s super cool. I wear the 1st gen rbk 7K pros too! Amazing shin pads. No stupid calf wrap. Light. Basic but super protective and durable. Dunno if mine are made in Sweden as the tags have long been removed as i got  them used. First pair of shins i actually like. I’ve tried 6-7 pairs before I found these on SLS.