Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
swede

Jofa/RBK fitlite shins without fitlite pads

A friend of mine work as an equipment manager for a club in swedish ”Hockeyettan” (3rd league from the top). The club has now choosed Warrior as the teams euipment supplier, and are now cleaning out old spare equipment..

My friend are well aware i like old Jofa/RBK shins and gave me a pair of unused first gen Jofa/rbk 6K fitlite shins, but the fitlite strap-pads are cut off from the left shin guard. The liner for the knee is still there, but no fitlite pads.. 

I fitted the liner from my old 7k pro shins and found the fit was ever better with the regular jofa liner than with the fitlite pads. 
The shin guard fit much closer to the shin with the regular liner..

But the question is, will i sacrifice protection using a old school jofa foam liner instead of the fitlite pads since the pad comes much closer to the shin? 

anyone herr swapped the fitlite pads for a regular liner?

Never did it, but your swapping pro pads (7k pro) for retail Chinese pads (fitlites). The 6ks are good pads, but I don't see why you're choosing them over 7k pros

The knee cap has cracked on one of the 7k shins, and my 6K shins are actually Jofa branded, with ”made in Malung, Sweden” on them.. First gen RBK pads sold in Sweden were still made here.

• Like 1

Didn't realize that, because the first gen RBK pads sold in US were chinese made but looked like the white and blue pros. In that case do your thing. I don't see what the issue would be with swapping a liner

My only concern was, when using a ”regular” jofa shin pad liner, the pad sits against the shin, while the fitlite straps put the shin guard further away from the shin. 

but since the fit is much better with a regular liner, i think i’m gonna cut the fitlite straps off on the other shin guard too. If the protection suck, i just let a pro shop take the knee caps and calf wrap of the 6K’s and stitch them on the 7k-pros instead 🙂

On 3/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, swede said:

A friend of mine work as an equipment manager for a club in swedish ”Hockeyettan” (3rd league from the top). The club has now choosed Warrior as the teams euipment supplier, and are now cleaning out old spare equipment..

My friend are well aware i like old Jofa/RBK shins and gave me a pair of unused first gen Jofa/rbk 6K fitlite shins, but the fitlite strap-pads are cut off from the left shin guard. The liner for the knee is still there, but no fitlite pads.. 

I fitted the liner from my old 7k pro shins and found the fit was ever better with the regular jofa liner than with the fitlite pads. 
The shin guard fit much closer to the shin with the regular liner..

But the question is, will i sacrifice protection using a old school jofa foam liner instead of the fitlite pads since the pad comes much closer to the shin? 

anyone herr swapped the fitlite pads for a regular liner?

I did excactly this, about 10 years ago. I cut out the fitlite pads and used a traditional Jofa-liner instead. As I remeber it, the foam in the 6K was flush to the plastic and also had a large vented hole in the middle which made the modified pad less protective than the standard pad (Jofa 9090, originally 3190 I believe). Shots and slashes...didn´t feel so nice.

For recreational hockey it worked just fine, but I honestly remember the level of protection was a little to bad for my liking. Bought Reebok 11K after a while.

Edited by sweed