Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Nexus Geo kickpoint

What is the nexus geo kick point? From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks like it’s a hybrid but still being advertised as a mid. Is it the same or similar to a Jetspeed kick point? Also what was the 1n and 2n pro’s kick point?

Edited by JAY4114

16 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

What is the nexus geo kick point? From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks like it’s a hybrid but still being advertised as a mid. Is it the same or similar to a Jetspeed kick point? Also what was the 1n and 2n pro’s kick point?

It is a standard mid-kick but the ER Spine makes it feel more like a variable. 

1N/2N are standard mid-kick as well. 

Edited by PBH

So I just watched the insight video from ice warehouse. The representative from Bauer said that the kick point stayed the same, and that it is supposed to act like a bow and arrow because they stiffen the mid section, and soften the upper and lower. Kinda sounds similar to how the jetspeed kick point is described. Not sure if this is what Ccm does to the Tacks mid kick point though. I wouldn’t think so since it is supposed to be for pure power. 

I used Jetspeed for a couple generations and got a Geo to try out recently.  They feel very similar.  TBH I was shocked how easy the transition was given that I was changing flex, pattern and shaft all in one.   I still prefer my Jetspeeds overall, but that's more because I have an easier time keeping shots low with the P30 than the P92M on the Geo.

I have a FT3 Pro and a Nexus ADV (which should be the same as the Geo).  Both 70 flex.  They have similar flex profiles, in that they're "mid" kicks with flex points above and below the hands.  They do feel about the same in that regard.  The difference, and why I would see the Jetspeed being more "variable", is that the FT3 provides a more consistent release no matter where your bottom hand is or what your balance and input may be into the shot.  The stick does seem to adjust the flex point more than the ADV does.