Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dante2004

Coach or Ref bag? I'm looking for suggestions...

After years of use, the old bag has seen it's better days.  I'm looking for a gear bag for coaching (ref bag would work too).  I'd like compartments for my skates and some storage/pockets for personal items (wallet, phone, etc.) to keep those items separate from hockey "stuff" like tape, laces, etc.  

I'd be carrying skates, gloves, helmet, warmups, change of clothes

I have a separate bag for pucks, so I don't need to store those in the bag.  I would NOT be traveling with this bag so "airline approved" is not important.

Any suggestions?

A carry bag, NOT one with wheels.

Personally, I would look on eBay or sideline for a pro stock coach duffel from a team I like. They're usually better quality nylon and the stitching is far more durable. 

I used a ref bag for years and hated it. I got the pacific rink backpack a few years ago and love it.  Skates go in the side pockets and helmet and gloves inside (you can also clip the helmet to the outside).  It has an inner sleeve I put a clipboard/whiteboard in, two externals that i usually have pucks in for stick time, and a small pocket on the flap I keep pens/markers in as well as some extra helmet parts and small screwdrivers.  Might be worth a look

I used the Sherwood coaching bag and it worked for me. Easily fit helmet, gloves, skates and some other things. Basically a pro bag shrunk.

12 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Personally, I would look on eBay or sideline for a pro stock coach duffel from a team I like. They're usually better quality nylon and the stitching is far more durable. 

+1

Think I paid like $12 for the one I got.