Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
yk15

Custom Graf Skates

Are there are people around who have the experience making or taking the order for custom Graf skates?

What is the quality these days? Are they worth it (compared to other current brands)?

Graf custom is amazing. They are probably the most accommodating brand nowadays, since True has become more rigid in their custom program. Graf will literally make you anything. They will make you a boot that fits like a 709 and looks like a PK7700, with carbon composite quarters or whatever you want. Different tongue options, anything.

I got a pair of Grafs customs that they worked with me on and they were amazing. Unfortunately I ended up returning them because they made them way too shallow for me, but I liked them a lot. They took them back no issue. I used a very good retailer, but they did things by measurement and I guess my foot is kinda weird. But anyway that was the retailers issue, but Graf was great. I was going to reorder a pair but ended up moving across the country and just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm probably going to get a composite 707 (ultra g7) but might go with the 709 fit depth wise. Not sure yet about the other specs.

I would definitely recommend them, as long as you know that Grafs do not feel like Bauer or CCM and are prepared for that.

19 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Graf custom is amazing. They are probably the most accommodating brand nowadays, since True has become more rigid in their custom program. Graf will literally make you anything. They will make you a boot that fits like a 709 and looks like a PK7700, with carbon composite quarters or whatever you want. Different tongue options, anything.

I got a pair of Grafs customs that they worked with me on and they were amazing. Unfortunately I ended up returning them because they made them way too shallow for me, but I liked them a lot. They took them back no issue. I used a very good retailer, but they did things by measurement and I guess my foot is kinda weird. But anyway that was the retailers issue, but Graf was great. I was going to reorder a pair but ended up moving across the country and just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm probably going to get a composite 707 (ultra g7) but might go with the 709 fit depth wise. Not sure yet about the other specs.

I would definitely recommend them, as long as you know that Grafs do not feel like Bauer or CCM and are prepared for that.

How did you get started in the custom program?

Local retailer that I was using to try to fit retail skates arranged it. If you don't have a local retailer you can just send them an email. They're insta and twitter has their email all over the place

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Local retailer that I was using to try to fit retail skates arranged it. If you don't have a local retailer you can just send them an email. They're insta and twitter has their email all over the place

my listed local dealer doesn't sell graf skates 😞

On 4/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, iceman8310 said:

my listed local dealer doesn't sell graf skates 😞

Then look on their twitter page for their email and shoot them a message. They'll probably have some way to help you

A little late, but I had some made back in 2019 and they were great.  I hooked up wtih them online and discused what I wanted and they had me put the order through a local dealer who was also great.  They were going to let me come to the factory in London to be fit, but I couldtnt swing it.   The skates themselves came out great.  My only quibble was the lack of knowledge of some of the design options.  Like I would have gotten comfort cuffs if I knew they existed for example. The other issue was a self imposed one where I asked for oversized holders, but they installed over over sized holders and it wound up causing me a lot of issues down the line.   

Now, I cant speak for what they're doing now, but the skates I got were more like a classic style custom, where they're taking your measurements and then matching them up to off the shelf components and mixing and matching.  So I had the uppers from a larger pair of skates cut down to help with my depth, different sized toe caps (physically different), etc... For what I paid it was well worth it and I liked the look of the skates and the uniqueness of them.  

Unfortunately, I wound up ditching them after about a year and a half as my fitament issue wound up being related to the shape of my foot, not the depth or width like I thought it was.  I wound up with custom True skates and havent looked back, but had a fond experience. 

12 hours ago, caseyjones said:

Has anyone done a Graf custom more recently?  I see that I can contact them through Instagram but they haven’t posted since 2021.  Would love a custom pair of 707’s

They are still around. Just not a lot of stores selling their product. 

On 10/26/2023 at 8:56 AM, caseyjones said:

Has anyone done a Graf custom more recently?  I see that I can contact them through Instagram but they haven’t posted since 2021.  Would love a custom pair of 707’s

I was going to do custom graf skates.  I emailed Dennis Doll and Mike Vaughn, we spoke over email and I was ready to do the process.  After awhile they ignored my emails and haven't heard back since

On 11/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, caseyjones said:

That doesn’t sound encouraging.  Appreciate the feedback 

Customer service is definitely not their strong suit

49 minutes ago, iceman8310 said:

Customer service is definitely not their strong suit

That's what led Graf Canada to their demise.

• Like 1

Way back in 2016 I wanted one so badly but I could not find my size in person. I think through trying on other skates, we were like 80% confident in the size/width/style that I needed.

The retailer said that I could order one directly through the, but if it didn't fit I could not return them and so I didn't feel like chancing it.

Years later I found a 2nd hand pair, and I think other than the wide volume and the footbed nails poking through, the fit was pretty good. 

Edited by Giltis

On 11/3/2023 at 7:02 PM, mojo122 said:

That's what led Graf Canada to their demise.

Graf Switzerland is still around but they defer the North American business to graf/Vaughn.  A bummer really.  The graf Switzerland stuff was well made