Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Is anyone familiar with Parduc?

On 4/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, PBH said:

They have some interesting machines that look like a hybrid between SSM and ProSharp. I have never heard of them before and while surfing the web came across their site. 

https://parduc.com/en/15-sharpening-machines

P40 will be similar in price to the Prosharp AS2001. They will have a sparx competitor later this year.

Edited by Vet88

Here's a vid of the M20 sharpener, I'd want to see one up close to confirm but it looks like the whole machine oscillates as the blade hits the wheel. This just doesn't seem right even though it appears to be designed that way, just how you are meant to get a constant even pressure on the blade I'm not sure.

14 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Here's a vid of the M20 sharpener, I'd want to see one up close to confirm but it looks like the whole machine oscillates as the blade hits the wheel. This just doesn't seem right even though it appears to be designed that way, just how you are meant to get a constant even pressure on the blade I'm not sure.

Definitely shaky but looks like either a handheld camera or the guy was on the camera while on the tripod.  You can see the edge of the table moving even before the slight camera move.  I can't imagine any reason to design that in.  That is why for machinery that spins and needs to produce accurate results like skate sharpeners but also woodworking machines, heavier is better.  Guys covet and will go to great lengths to restore old planers and jointers because they are massive and weigh a ton.  

• Like 1