Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Adding a second pair?

I'm in AS3 Pro's and love them.  I'm skating 5-6 days a week and I used to alternate with 2xPro's which were a touch narrow but...with baking and punching worked fairly well. I sold them as I thought one pair would be fine.   Well...I miss alternating with a more flexible skate (double hip replacement...less stress).  My question is...before I just go after another pair of 2xPro's with a fit 2, should I consider True TF9's?  If so...what size (7.5D AS3 Pro's fit like a second skin).  Alternatively, would it be smarter to wait for an FT4 or 100k?  If I do that I can share steel with my current skates but that's not essential. 

Looking forward to hearing your take on things. 

Sidebar: I still have my 1977 Super Tacks (from college), Supreme Comp 1000's and Comp 5000's.   Not only did one of these skates weigh almost as much as a pair of these new ones but they were wet all season! Technology isn't always good, but hockey technology often is 🇨🇦🥅🏒👍😎

• Like 1

I, personally, prefer the same boot. One less thing to have to adjust to.

That said, I also picked up a pair of TF9’s a few months back and absolutely love them

• Like 2

Appreciate the response. I have no issues adjusting but I certainly understand it.  How is the flex profile on the Trues?  How do you find the fit compared to CCM and Bauer. I have seen the video about the fit issues, but I've also heard others say they are the same as the others.  Interested in your take.

I'm thinking perhaps since I liked the 2xPros that with a Fit 2 now available...might be a good idea. I do hate those injected eyelets but I can bore them out.

For me they're just as stiff as my Bauers, but am not prohibited with forward flex. I do tie them looser than I do Bauers due to how snug they fit, but still lace up to the top eyelet. For fit, I went down 0.5 size from Bauer and while they were uncomfortable and didn't fit pre-bake, post bake they fit like comfortable sneakers. Zero issues with any hot spots or discomfort from day 1 for me. Maybe I got lucky

If I could try them I'd definitely consider it. I decided to go with another pair of 2xPros.  The only thing I did not care for was the narrowness, but now there's the "Fit 2" option. I think they'll be perfect.  I would wait for the new 100K but I have four 1 week-long camps coming up 6 hours a day coaching plus 2x games of my own per week.  I need another ride now🤣

Edited by Jbear