Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Beflar

CCM Ribcore Skates question

I'm looking at the CCM Ribcore 100K skates.  Coming from Bauer Supreme One100 skates.  What am I going to notice different in regards to stiffness etc?  Also, does the forward flex zone in the Ribcore work?  Won't the forward flexing cause the skate to break down after two years etc?  Is there anything else I should know about the Ribcore skate?  What do people think about the Ribcore line in general?

Edited by Beflar

Since the 100k has yet to hit stores it's hard to compare. 

IMO, the most impressive thing about the Ribcors has been the comfort. The memory foam ankle donuts are sublime. Thats what got me looking into them. The performance is what got me to stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Since the 100k has yet to hit stores it's hard to compare. 

IMO, the most impressive thing about the Ribcors has been the comfort. The memory foam ankle donuts are sublime. Thats what got me looking into them. The performance is what got me to stay.

Can you talk about the flex zone feature?  Is it notably different?

I have the Platinum which is a 78K with the 80K tongue (black steel too but that isn’t worth mentioning as an upgrade).  My foot is regular to a bit narrow but kind of tall in the midfoot.  So I don’t wear high volume skates but my foot sticks out through most of the eyelets.

i loved the comfort of the Ribcores I think because they were padded and didn’t feel as stiff.  I was coming from 7000s that I had worn forever and was worried about the new stiff skates.

After about a year in them I am not as in love with them.  Because of the padding they do feel a bit disconnected from my foot.  Combine that with not having as much wrap and my foot doesn’t feel “in” the skate if that makes sense.

I actually feel fine skating in them as far as performance maybe because I don’t lace high or tight anyway, but that’s just my impression from a feel perspective.  As far as flex, they are still stiffer than my old ones but I lace down one or sometimes two so it doesn't matter much to me.

41 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Weird you don't feel the Ribcore wraps when all folks I know in them rave about the moldability of that line. 

They are very moldable when you bake them, but just like wrapping a present if there isn’t enough paper (facing) it doesn’t matter.

I’m too interested in 100k skates, but there are only 2 brief reviews on YouTube since skates are only coming up in July. Since I’ve been in extra stuff custom Bauer skates for the past decade I’m concerned about the potential lack of stiffness in Ribcor as well, too bad there is no demos in any LHSes anymore…

There is a lot of hype building up since it’s the first one piece skate in Ribcore line, so let’s hope CCM hits it out of the ballpark! 

• Like 1