Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
start_today

Older Bauer Cages fm4500

I'm trying to help my wife find a new cage. She tried on a bunch of small and medium cages, and didn't love the way anything fit because she has a weird face (her words not mine). She randomly tried on an old bauer fm4500 I had lying around, and she liked it. I found a few floating around on the internets, so the simple and obvious answer is to just buy one of those. But, I also found cages labeled fm5100 and fm7500. 

Does anyone know how those two, the fm5100 and fm7500 compared to the fm4500? Were they different shapes all together or different bar design or placement?

She's currently in an old ass reebok 4k helmet with whatever cage came with that. She just bought a Tacks 710, but can't find a cage that she likes how it fits with the helmet. 

I feel like they had a round bar version (4500/5100) and flat bar (7500/9900) and the only difference was the helmet it was sold as a combo on. I may be misremembering though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I feel like they had a round bar version (4500/5100) and flat bar (7500/9900) and the only difference was the helmet it was sold as a combo on. I may be misremembering though

This is correct to my memory as well. 7500/9900 were the higher end models and had a flat bar mask. The 4500/5100 were the older models. They were the high end models from prior years, before the release of 7500/9900. Later, they stayed in the lineup as middle tier helmets (at this point I think they're already considered the lower tier helmet). I still have a titanium 7500 cage and a 5100 cage. They're both size M and look the same. The only difference I notice is the shape of the bars, so you should be ok with any of them. 

• Thanks 1