Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

skate socks

Howdy,

Time for new skate socks.

I've been using Bauer low cut 'basic' skate socks.  Pretty thin, no cut resistance, etc.  I see that now they have Bauer Essential and Bauer S19, but both appear to be clearance / discontinued.

Anyone have a go-to thin low cut skate sock they like?  Prefer cheaper, but I can spend more if there's something that matters.

Thanks!

Mark

I’ve been wearing Swiftwick Vision 8 socks for a few years. They were like $10 on Amazon. They have a handful of different numbers and I can’t tell what they mean. These aren’t low cut, but they go just above my ankle, so it’s not up on my calf. 

I got the Swiftwick recommendation on here, but opted for this model because it was more in my price range. 

6 hours ago, 218hockey said:

One size fits shoe size 5-13? Whaaat?

A lot of these liner socks are tube socks.  No heel.  So they basically fit a lot of sizes, you just pull them on.  $10 is a lot for a liner sock, Epic sports has tons of these for $2-3 a pair.

Is there something wrong with the Bauer low-cut socks? I use them and they are perfectly fine. I mean, if you are using a low-cut sock, are you really worried about cut resistance? Most of the sock is covered up by the skate boot. 

What is the OP looking to gain by switching from Bauer low-cut socks to another low-cut alternative? 

Howdy,

46 minutes ago, BruinDust said:

Is there something wrong with the Bauer low-cut socks? I use them and they are perfectly fine. I mean, if you are using a low-cut sock, are you really worried about cut resistance? Most of the sock is covered up by the skate boot. 

What is the OP looking to gain by switching from Bauer low-cut socks to another low-cut alternative? 

I wasn't looking to gain anything.  I couldn't find the Bauer low cut basic socks anywhere in size Medium.

I tried a couple pairs of Elite Hockey Pro-X700 Ultra Sport Bamboo Calf Socks.  Interestingly, my feet hurt a decent bit in them.  Not sure why.  They're a bit thicker than the Bauer socks, but I think the real problem is the "2" compression arch support" they seem to have.  Really that's just a tighter band around your foot at the arch.  It seems crazy to me, but my arch was killing me the 2nd time I used them.  Loosening my skates helped a bit, but just a bit.  I switched back to the Bauers and no more new pain, though my feet are still sore from the night in the Elites (reffing, so I've been on the ice 3-4 hours a night since Tuesday, when I tried the Elites).

Anyway, the Elites are going into the bags as emergency spares in case of extreme forgetfulness.  🙂

Mark

3 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I wasn't looking to gain anything.  I couldn't find the Bauer low cut basic socks anywhere in size Medium.

I tried a couple pairs of Elite Hockey Pro-X700 Ultra Sport Bamboo Calf Socks.  Interestingly, my feet hurt a decent bit in them.  Not sure why.  They're a bit thicker than the Bauer socks, but I think the real problem is the "2" compression arch support" they seem to have.  Really that's just a tighter band around your foot at the arch.  It seems crazy to me, but my arch was killing me the 2nd time I used them.  Loosening my skates helped a bit, but just a bit.  I switched back to the Bauers and no more new pain, though my feet are still sore from the night in the Elites (reffing, so I've been on the ice 3-4 hours a night since Tuesday, when I tried the Elites).

Anyway, the Elites are going into the bags as emergency spares in case of extreme forgetfulness.  🙂

Mark

They sometimes tricky to find in medium or large, I've noticed this as well. 

I had the same issue as you did with the Pro-X700 wearing a UA team sock that was thicker than my Bauer low cuts. Feet hurt more, skates less comfortable, and I wear an oversized skate really so volume shouldn't be an issue but it was I think, and the arc support. Went back to my low cuts and all is well again.