Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jasongos

Custom Skate Questions

Just what new Bauer skates needed most; brutally ugly graphics and a new generation of brittle, breakable steel.

Maybe an illusion but that holder looks too small or too biased forward for the boot.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Pretty good video of the skate if you care to look.

Thats one fine looking set of wheels. Oh, count me in on the LS Carbon.

That runner setup will cost you $1100 (US) for a retail Hyperlite.  I've also seen the runner.  It's light, but that's all it is.  I'll stick with Pulse TI. 

23 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Oh, count me in on the LS Carbon.

Let's hope they learned some lessons from the last time they got weird and made the LS Fusion blades.  By all accounts, they were terrible.

3 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Maybe an illusion but that holder looks too small or too biased forward for the boot.

img01.jpg
That’s the Yeezy Boost 350 influence.

19 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Looking at the customizer it appears standard facing/eyelets are available on MyBauer Hyperlite Skates...

Vapor Hyperlite Skate

They’ve significantly changed the injected facing, compared to my 2s pros. The additional round holes at the top have gone, to be replaced with deep notches to improve (I assume) forward flex. The injected facing is fantastic as it locks the laces in place.

Does injected facing have any disadvantages other than reduced durability? 

42 minutes ago, Leif said:

They’ve significantly changed the injected facing, compared to my 2s pros. The additional round holes at the top have gone, to be replaced with deep notches to improve (I assume) forward flex. The injected facing is fantastic as it locks the laces in place.

Does injected facing have any disadvantages other than reduced durability? 

I’ve heard it can feel less wrapped or less connected.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mojo122 said:

That runner setup will cost you $1100 (US) for a retail Hyperlite.  I've also seen the runner.  It's light, but that's all it is.  I'll stick with Pulse TI. 

Oaf, that's pretty steep. 

I'd probably try a set of they offer them as replacement runners. Not sure I'm ready to go all in on that skate. I worry a bit about the durability of some of the new materials.

6 hours ago, flip12 said:

Correct. Its designed to create a lateral stiffness in the boot so there is much less wrap.

If a player is wanting more wrap, Bauer insists on putting them in a Supreme which I think wraps fairly well. 

10 hours ago, stick9 said:

Oaf, that's pretty steep. 

I'd probably try a set of they offer them as replacement runners. Not sure I'm ready to go all in on that skate. I worry a bit about the durability of some of the new materials.

The Carbonlite is sold only as replacement runners at $250 US.  

On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 AM, flip12 said:

Yup, definitely less wrap and it's stiffer than a regular facing so it restricts forward flex as well. It also improves lateral stiffness and it locks the laces in really nicely. I wish you could just put those plastic teeth inside a regular eyelet to grip and hooks the lace, that would be the best of both worlds

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Yup, definitely less wrap and it's stiffer than a regular having so it restricts forward flex as well. It also improves lateral stiffness and it locks the laces in really nicely. I wish you could just put those plastic teeth inside a regular eyelet to grip and hooks the lace, that would be the best of both worlds

I thought about a traditional eyelet but slot shaped then realised it would buckle, a ring having much more strength. Perhaps a one piece moulding is the only way to create slot shaped eyelets. I may well go the traditional route next time round, just to compare.