Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lorent2

Skating exercises for beginners

Hi,

I'm looking for examples of skating exercise ideas for little beginner hockey players (5-7 years old).

Exercises, skating games, ...

Do you know any sites that reference this?

On 6/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, Lorent2 said:

Hi,

I'm looking for examples of skating exercise ideas for little beginner hockey players (5-7 years old).

Exercises, skating games, ...

Do you know any sites that reference this?

Do want on-ice or off-ice stuff?

8 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Do want on-ice or off-ice stuff?

Only on-ice : it's for baby-players, and i want they have fun.

I find a good old game of tag always works.  It's simple, the kids understand it, they don't use sticks as crutches, and it's motivating (I mean who doesn't want to win at tag).  It's amazing how kids can just pick up skating techniques cause they want to get from point A to point B in tag.  They don't think about it...they just do it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I find a good old game of tag always works.  It's simple, the kids understand it, they don't use sticks as crutches, and it's motivating (I mean who doesn't want to win at tag).  It's amazing how kids can just pick up skating techniques cause they want to get from point A to point B in tag.  They don't think about it...they just do it.

Agreed, or chase the coach or anything where there are unexpected changes of direction, acceleration, etc.  I think my son may have gotten better at public skate with friends as much as anything formal.  Keep it fun and they won't even know they are learning!

• Like 2