Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
trtaylor

Is there a difference at this level

Given a Junior/Intermediate size 5.5 skate, when comparing a Vapor X2.9 with a Supreme S37 (both mid-level youth skates), is there any significant difference in last, like there is with the higher end models?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, trtaylor said:

Given a Junior/Intermediate size 5.5 skate, when comparing a Vapor X2.9 with a Supreme S37 (both mid-level youth skates), is there any significant difference in last, like there is with the higher end models?

Thanks.

Are you asking about a fit difference between a Vapor and Supreme or the difference between an X2.9 and a S37?  I'd consider the X2.7 and S37 as entry level hockey skates and the X2.9 and 3S as mid-level hockey skates.

Edited by mojo122

6 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Are you asking about a fit difference between a Vapor and Supreme or the difference between an X2.9 and a S37?  I'd consider the X2.7 and S37 has entry level hockey skates and the X2.9 and 3S as mid-level hockey skates.

I am asking is there a fit difference between a Vapor and a Supreme at these lower levels for Junior size skate, just as there is for the higher level skates?

The X2.9 saw a running change mid-cycle so there are some traditional Vapor D and EE's out there as well as some Fit 1, 2, and 3 models.  S37 is a traditional Supreme fit which is similar to a Fit 2.

Maybe you need a bit more credibility to my original answer.  I am an adult who has small feet and wears a size 5 skate in pretty much every brand I've tried (Graf, Bauer, CCM).  The fit profiles that traditionally accompany each model (before the fit systems were released by Bauer and CCM) will carry down each line of skates regardless of boot size.  Traditionally a Vapor will be narrow and low volume and a Supreme will be medium width and mid-volume.  You may feel some fit differences from model to model as they make value oriented materials decisions, so some boots may fit you a bit better than others, but generally a Supreme will not fit like a Vapor.

Obviously that is changing now that Bauer has had their Fit system out for the last year and CCM is just introducing their version this year.  My understanding is even with the fit systems, boot construction/materials choices from model to model or skate line to skate line may provide some nuanced fit differences.  For example Vapors having an asymmetrical boot while Supremes do not.  Even if you try both on in a Fit 2, you may feel those differences. 

3 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Maybe you need a bit more credibility to my original answer.  I am an adult who has small feet and wears a size 5 skate in pretty much every brand I've tried (Graf, Bauer, CCM).  The fit profiles that traditionally accompany each model (before the fit systems were released by Bauer and CCM) will carry down each line of skates regardless of boot size.  Traditionally a Vapor will be narrow and low volume and a Supreme will be medium width and mid-volume.  You may feel some fit differences from model to model as they make value oriented materials decisions, so some boots may fit you a bit better than others, but generally a Supreme will not fit like a Vapor.

Obviously that is changing now that Bauer has had their Fit system out for the last year and CCM is just introducing their version this year.  My understanding is even with the fit systems, boot construction/materials choices from model to model or skate line to skate line may provide some nuanced fit differences.  For example Vapors having an asymmetrical boot while Supremes do not.  Even if you try both on in a Fit 2, you may feel those differences. 

Your info exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!