Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
in2hockey04

Glove Repalming

Yup, Eagle will repalm their gloves for you. Otherwise custom pro repair in Montreal is the best, and hockey menders in Michigan is also very good

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Any pics of their work? Didn't see anything about gloves on the site

I think there are a bunch of pics on his facebook page. This is the pair of Team USA Nike gloves. Went with gray palms to match the underarms of the jerseys that year.  

DSC01424.JPG

DSC01421.JPG

DSC01425.JPG

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

I think there are a bunch of pics on his facebook page. This is the pair of Team USA Nike gloves. Went with gray palms to match the underarms of the jerseys that year. 

Looks like good work. How's pricing? Does he do digital or leather palms? Would be nice to have an alternative to Pat in times of great need lol.

Pricing was $60, just a straight palm replacement. Turnaround was about a week.  I imagine that could vary depending on the gussets/condition etc. I don't recall all the options for palm types, and I'm not on Facebook to check.  

• Thanks 1

I'm finally getting around to having my Eagle gloves repalmed.

I emailed Eagle yesterday and received a response today, but unfortunately Eagle is not doing any repair-repalming at this time.

I'll explore the other recommendations made. 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Gswift said:

Pat & Ken over at Custom Pro Repair in Montreal do amazing work, dunno if they're accepting non-pro orders right now though....

Not until after the season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, x-axis said:

Hockeymenders is also stepping away from glove repair according to their instagram. No word if or when they come back.

I am taking a break. I will be returning, I’m just not sure how long my break will be. Lots of overwhelming stuff going on at the moment. 

• Like 5

On 3/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, 218hockey said:

How about Island Sports Repair?

I don't know anything about them but they were mentioned in another thread.

It's fine for function, but not great. He just sews in prefabricated palms. Doesn't size them or do a clean job, sews over the binding. Just depends how particular one is. But his price is good.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:31 AM, Hockeymender said:

I am taking a break. I will be returning, I’m just not sure how long my break will be. Lots of overwhelming stuff going on at the moment. 

Wish you all the best Joe

On 3/11/2022 at 5:31 AM, Hockeymender said:

Looking at the pictures others have posted makes my decision easy. I'll be hanging on to my Eagles until you're operational again...

Wish you well... 

2 hours ago, in2hockey04 said:

Looking at the pictures others have posted makes my decision easy. I'll be hanging on to my Eagles until you're operational again...

Wish you well... 

I am back at it as of this past Monday. Thanks for your well wishes. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, 218hockey said:

How about Island Sports Repair?

I don't know anything about them but they were mentioned in another thread.

The founder and owner died during Covid. His daughter took over operations for a while; but I just contacted her the other day about another job, and she responded that they were suspending work on player gloves. The last time I checked the website, it said they were closed permanently. I'm currently looking for another shop to repalm and cut the cuffs down on another vintage pair that I recently acquired. Those are my gloves that they had up on their photo page of customized gloves.

Edited by YesLanges

Anyone used ITR before? 

https://instagram.com/itr_hockey?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

Happy with the pair I had done by Joe (hockey menders) before he retired, but miss CPR. Have one pair of gloves I’d love to have the palms/gussets redone but am patiently waiting for the day they allow retail orders again. No one does a better job than them 

I think there's another thread where ITR was discussed briefly but from what I can tell they do nice work.  My friend had her gloves done and the workmanship was nice and she's super happy with them (also she said the cost wasn't too bad and turnaround wasn't bad, although she got priority service since she's a cop and plays for one of our local PD teams).  I have a pair of HG12's I'm going to be contacting them about since a couple of my gussets are hanging on by a thread, just trying to narrow down what options I want to go with (thinking clarino palm with digital overlays and mesh gussets but with clarino on index/middle finger tips since that's where I've ripped through).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

Even for $50, is it even worth it? 

What's the cost of a decent pair of gloves these days. Not much. Super cheap on Sideline Swap for gloves that are hardly worn. 

I think as long as the cost if under $75 it's worth it. Once the cost goes northward of $100 it's a waste. With shop wholesale cost I can get a brand-new pair of retail gloves for $85. 

In my situation, I really like these Easton GSX gloves that came from the LA Kings. They have 3-piece fingers + thumbs, backhand is very flexible., and the cuff is short and flared. This specific pair also has Poron in the backhand sicne they were made after Bauer acquired Easton. 

• Like 1