Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
caveman27

Ovechkin, 5 year/$9.5 million contract

It would be interesting to see how many he would have had at this point if it weren't for multiple lockouts and COVID19 disruptions. He might have already gotten to Gretzky's record by now.

• Like 4

I was surprised by Leonsis' comments after Ovy's signing (https://www.nhl.com/news/capitals-alex-ovechkin-aims-to-break-wayne-gretzky-goal-record/c-325872062). He was saying it was kind of good for the team and whatnot. What the hell, Ovy's going to be the all-time goal scoring leader with one team. Gordie almost played with just one NHL team, but the others ahead of Ovy all split their time on several clubs. If I owned an NHL team and one of my players was the all-time leader in goals, and scored all of those goals for my team, I'd be pretty happy with, if not downright proud of that fact. That might not be as loud as a few more Stanley Cups but I'd think it certainly says something good about the organization. As long as he doesn't go crazy and try to play until he's 50 or something I'd do what I could to keep him the center of the team.

• Like 1