Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CBnCO

Vapor 2X Pro Skate Fit 1 v Fit 2 v. Supreme Fit

Trying to pick up a closeout set of of 2X Pro skates online. I know..I know..but, no hockey store has them in my size anywhere close to try on. I have a set of Supreme 3S in Fit 1, great fit in heel; but, tight across forefoot and toebox and wondering if the Vapor 2X Pro in Fit 2 might be worth the risk to order up and try. The original Vapor D's were just too narrow for me and when I bought the Supreme's the Fit 2 in that line had a little more volume that I like in the heel.  

Are the fits across product lines now identical, as some say. Or, might the Vapor's in a Fit 2 give me the narrow heel I want and a little more forefoot width, picture wedge shaped with a skinny ankle and normal width forefoot. 

I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried both fits of the 2X Pro or compared the new FIT system between a Supreme and Vapor skate in the same size. If I order the second skate and it works I get a great deal on a high end skate and if it doesn't I resell and probably lose a few bucks; but, maybe someone else has already went through this and can provide feedback. Thanks!

No matter what info you gather here, it's going to be a gamble.  I tried on a Hyperlite and 3X, both in Fit2, and they did not fit the same, (3X had less depth right behind the toe cap, probably tongue construction). Trying to gauge the difference across lines will be even more difficult.

I’m curious how people are finding the fit 2 Vapor heel as well.

Fit 1 has great heel lock but the rest of the skate is way too shallow and narrow compared to my 7D 1X 2.0s and 2X Pros. 

4 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I’m curious how people are finding the fit 2 Vapor heel as well.

Fit 1 has great heel lock but the rest of the skate is way too shallow and narrow compared to my 7D 1X 2.0s and 2X Pros. 

I'm actually looking at the 2X Pros. My foot is skinny ankle and normal forefoot. The Fit 1 is great in the heel; but, crunches my foot, width wise, in the forefoot. Thus, wondering about fit 2 in the 2X Pro's. I called Bauer and they claim their Fit's are pretty much the same across Vapor and Supreme lines, which is different than in the past where a Vapor D and a Supreme D were not the same. 

16 minutes ago, CBnCO said:

I'm actually looking at the 2X Pros. My foot is skinny ankle and normal forefoot. The Fit 1 is great in the heel; but, crunches my foot, width wise, in the forefoot. Thus, wondering about fit 2 in the 2X Pro's. I called Bauer and they claim their Fit's are pretty much the same across Vapor and Supreme lines, which is different than in the past where a Vapor D and a Supreme D were not the same. 

Why not just get the forefoot punched out to fit your foot better?  If the heel works, I'd probably stick with it and try to adjust the boot to your liking. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

Why not just get the forefoot punched out to fit your foot better?  If the heel works, I'd probably stick with it and try to adjust the boot to your liking. 

Was planning to do that in a couple spots if I keep the 3S Pro's. I had an opportunity to get 2X Pro's at a great price; but, trying to understand the fits. Sucks living 100 miles from a hockey shop!

7 minutes ago, CBnCO said:

Was planning to do that in a couple spots if I keep the 3S Pro's. I had an opportunity to get 2X Pro's at a great price; but, trying to understand the fits. Sucks living 100 miles from a hockey shop!

Just an educated guess but I'd imagine the Vapor boot in the same fit (Fit 1) might heighten the issue you are already having, as historically it is a narrower/shallower fit.  But it really comes down to the construction differences between the 2 lines.  Moving the Vapor up to a Fit 2 and I'd be concerned you'd lose the heel lock you are praising in the 3S but maybe gaining a bit of room in the forefoot. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, mhein22 said:

vapor has a tight heel, flatter across the midfoot into a wide toebox.  ive tried on all the skates in the past 6 months.

Regardless of the new fit system?  So Vapor in all 3 fits has these characteristics compared to the same 3 fits in a Supreme boot?

On 8/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, mhein22 said:

vapor has a tight heel, flatter across the midfoot into a wide toebox.  ive tried on all the skates in the past 6 months.

40 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

Regardless of the new fit system?  So Vapor in all 3 fits has these characteristics compared to the same 3 fits in a Supreme boot?

Wide toe box in a vapor....I don't think so. I could buy the new asymmetric toe box feels wider than the standard vapor toe box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krisdrum said:

It does have those characteristics, yes.  in the fit 3 theres more material all over.  more depth, more width, higher sides/more wrap.  but its still those same details compared to the same fit in supreme.

Supreme has less of a super tight heel, the sides rise faster from the toe to ankle so you get more depth for the mid-foot, but the toebox is tight.  tighter than vapors for sure.  the vapor asymmetric toe box is spacious compared to the supreme.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Wide toe box in a vapor....I don't think so. I could buy the new asymmetric toe box feels wider than the standard vapor toe box.

yes that is the case now.  its big.  your toes could have their toe friends over for a party and youd still be good.

3 minutes ago, mhein22 said:

It does have those characteristics, yes.  in the fit 3 theres more material all over.  more depth, more width, higher sides/more wrap.  but its still those same details compared to the same fit in supreme.

Supreme has less of a super tight heel, the sides rise faster from the toe to ankle so you get more depth for the mid-foot, but the toebox is tight.  tighter than vapors for sure.  the vapor asymmetric toe box is spacious compared to the supreme.

yes that is the case now.  its big.  your toes could have their toe friends over for a party and youd still be good.

Interesting.  In the year the new fit system has been out, believe this is the first I am hearing a concrete definition of some nuanced fit differences between the Vapor and Supreme boots.  There has been talk on here about construction (symmetric vs. asymmetric) and feature (eyelet changes) differences, but I don't think anyone has broken it down as clearly as you have about the shape of the boot producing slightly different fit results. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

Interesting.  In the year the new fit system has been out, believe this is the first I am hearing a concrete definition of some nuanced fit differences between the Vapor and Supreme boots.  There has been talk on here about construction (symmetric vs. asymmetric) and feature (eyelet changes) differences, but I don't think anyone has broken it down as clearly as you have about the shape of the boot producing slightly different fit results. 

Agreed, no comprehensive breakdown of the fits on the new lineups yet because i would have read it haha.  I  want to try the jetspeeds in a wide and the ribcors in regular and wide but they are not stocked at stores yet.

I have a pair of uncut/unbaked hyperlites at home right now but they are going back I am pretty sure.  The heel depth, ankle volume and toebox width are great but it gets too flat too fast before the toebox and im coming out of the boot through that area. midfoot the sides just arent high enough.  the supreme has more depth throughout the instep and midfoot heading for the toebox.  but then the toebox is tight.  the first pair i got were supreme ultrasonics fit 3 and the 3s pros fit 3.  both returned for the toebox.

the injected eyelet facing thats segmented for flex does feel like it gives good forward flex on the hyperlites.  doesnt seem like it would be as tough as traditional eyelets but I dont know if thats the case and they are sweet.

the ideal would be the vapor fit 3 heel, the sidewalls and depth of the supreme fit 3, and just a bit more width on the toebox that the supreme fit 3. would love to know if anyone thinks the jetspeed wide or the ribcor regular or wide would be like that or not even close.

Edited by mhein22

3 hours ago, mhein22 said:

???  I'm looking for Bauer skates to fit a standard width but a higher instep/arch. It's a tough fit.

In 2S Pro, 8D now and it's a good fit just getting too small. Maybe keep looking for 2S Pro D width or Ultrasonic, Fit 2 and take 2X Pro/Hyperlite, Fit 2 off list? Need instep height but Fit 3 will be too wide.

Edited by 218hockey

16 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

???  I'm looking for Bauer skates to fit a standard width but a higher instep/arch. It's a tough fit.

In 2S Pro, 8D now and it's a good fit just getting too small. Maybe keep looking for 2S Pro D width or Ultrasonic, Fit 2 and take 2X Pro/Hyperlite, Fit 2 off list? Need instep height but Fit 3 will be too wide.

I have a similar foot profile and surprisingly a Jetspeed EE seems to be a good fit for me. I do not have a particularly wide foot, but the Jetspeed EE is pretty close to a Supreme D. We shall see after I skate in them

On 8/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, krisdrum said:

I tried both the Supreme Ultrasonic and Vapor Hyperlite in a Fit 1 and they did fit different.  

11 minutes ago, iceman8310 said:

I tried both the Supreme Ultrasonic and Vapor Hyperlite in a Fit 1 and they did fit different.  

Same with CCM. A Jetspeed tapered felt different than a Ribcor tapered. Not by a huge amount but you could tell there was a difference. Maybe it's just the liner and interior padding??? 

2 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Same with CCM. A Jetspeed tapered felt different than a Ribcor tapered. Not by a huge amount but you could tell there was a difference. Maybe it's just the liner and interior padding??? 

Back different fit and even with the fit system the volume in the supreme still felt deeper

Edited by iceman8310

I ended up getting my hands on a Jetspeed FT2 in D and the 3S Pro in Fit 1. I'm still curious what the Vapor 2X Pro in Fit 2 would have felt like; but, I'm going to choose between these two.

There are definitely subtle differences in the fit and feel in different parts of the skates; but, I'm not going to be able to choose until I skate on both (which won't be for another 5 weeks until our rink opens back up for the winter). First impressions are that the Jetspeed has slightly more width in the forefoot and both pairs feel similar in the ankle/heel area to me. The Bauer 3S Pro feels like it has more substantial interior padding and a thicker tongue. Also, based only on trying them on, it seems the Bauer is at least an equally stiff skate if not stiffer. 

Since I'm coming from an earlier pair of CCM Jetspeeds, the CCM pair does feel a bit more familiar and I thought I immediately go for the CCM. But, something about the Bauer skate, even thought it's the second down in the Supreme line, makes it feel a little more substantial and supportive. Plus, the Bauer gets better reviews for its holder/steel combos than the OEM CCM versions. 

I can't give a final verdict yet and am looking forward to skating on both. 

23 minutes ago, CBnCO said:

I ended up getting my hands on a Jetspeed FT2 in D and the 3S Pro in Fit 1. I'm still curious what the Vapor 2X Pro in Fit 2 would have felt like; but, I'm going to choose between these two.

There are definitely subtle differences in the fit and feel in different parts of the skates; but, I'm not going to be able to choose until I skate on both (which won't be for another 5 weeks until our rink opens back up for the winter). First impressions are that the Jetspeed has slightly more width in the forefoot and both pairs feel similar in the ankle/heel area to me. The Bauer 3S Pro feels like it has more substantial interior padding and a thicker tongue. Also, based only on trying them on, it seems the Bauer is at least an equally stiff skate if not stiffer. 

Since I'm coming from an earlier pair of CCM Jetspeeds, the CCM pair does feel a bit more familiar and I thought I immediately go for the CCM. But, something about the Bauer skate, even thought it's the second down in the Supreme line, makes it feel a little more substantial and supportive. Plus, the Bauer gets better reviews for its holder/steel combos than the OEM CCM versions. 

I can't give a final verdict yet and am looking forward to skating on both. 

FYI in case you're not aware, the 3S Pro comes stock with a Quad 0 profile.  If you're not used to skating on a quad, you're likely to have a "what is this #@ckery" moment.

29 minutes ago, boo10 said:

FYI in case you're not aware, the 3S Pro comes stock with a Quad 0 profile.  If you're not used to skating on a quad, you're likely to have a "what is this #@ckery" moment.

Ha, I am aware and have never skated on a Quad profile before. I do have a set of LS5 runners with standard 10' profile on them and was thinking I should probably put those on for the skate test. That said, in addition to the skates themselves I am interested in trying the Quad profile v. standard; but, I also live in a rural area with nobody local who does skate profiling. So, if I decide on a custom profile, Quad or other, I'll have to drive 75-100 miles every time it needs to be re-done..which I've read could be once or twice a year???

3 hours ago, CBnCO said:

which I've read could be once or twice a year???

It depends on who does the sharpening and on what machine. If you believe Sparx's marketing material, their machine does not change the profile, "The Sparx Sharpener will not contour the profile of the blade. But, unlike traditional manual sharpening which alters the profile after 15-20 sharpenings, the Sparx Sharpener will hold the skate profile throughout the life of the steel thanks to the consistent RPM, Speed, and Pressure applied by our Grinding Rings."

Edited by Vet88

13 hours ago, CBnCO said:

Plus, the Bauer gets better reviews for its holder/steel combos than the OEM CCM versions. 

Historically, yes, the edge holder and steel was better. That will change now that ccm has a quick release holder and offers STEP Steel on higher end models.

The XBS holder and STEP Blacksteel is a killer set up.