Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CBnCO

Vapor 2X Pro Skate Fit 1 v Fit 2 v. Supreme Fit

7 hours ago, stick9 said:

Historically, yes, the edge holder and steel was better. That will change now that ccm has a quick release holder and offers STEP Steel on higher end models.

The XBS holder and STEP Blacksteel is a killer set up.

I collapsed the old Tuuk LS2 holder, the indents on the back compressed.  The trigger on the edge holder, I know people who have issues with it including myself.  I've always found the CCM holder to be more sturdy than the Bauer holder.  If I do get bauer skates again, I will put the XBS holder on them

Edited by iceman8310

i returned my vapor hyperlite size 8 fit 3 today because of the low heights of the sides through the forefoot.  my foot is shaped like a wedge so i need a gradual slope down to the toes and the vapor dropped side height too fast from the ankle and instep to the toebox. im in the skate nicely through the ankle, instep and then splooge out the top at the forefoot. the supreme fit maintains that wall height to the toebox.  

i tried on the CCM FT4 Pro 8 regular and surprisingly the side heights were high throughout.  it compared nicely to the wall heights throughout the foot on the Supreme Fit 3. my foot was pretty much within the boot walls throughout the tongue, on the regular fit!  but much narrower than a Supreme or Vapor Fit 3.

I ordered the FT4 Pro Wide fit and they will come in the mail this week, so we will see.  based on what I see so far, looks like the wall height could be a little higher than the supremes.  could be my fit!

Edited by mhein22

On 8/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, 218hockey said:

???  I'm looking for Bauer skates to fit a standard width but a higher instep/arch. It's a tough fit.

In 2S Pro, 8D now and it's a good fit just getting too small. Maybe keep looking for 2S Pro D width or Ultrasonic, Fit 2 and take 2X Pro/Hyperlite, Fit 2 off list? Need instep height but Fit 3 will be too wide.

jetspeeds Regular Fit had a comparable sidewall height and boot cut to a supreme fit 3 but were narrower in width.  so high sidewalls throughout the whole foot, but narrow footbed.  that might be your ticket.

i wear a 2S Pro as well in 8.5D!  i believe they changed the cut for that supreme boot (i emailed them) and they added some wall height back in for this generation.  maybe a Supreme 3S Pro Fit 2 Size 8 would be exactly what you need.

Edited by mhein22

On 8/20/2021 at 1:03 AM, CBnCO said:

Ha, I am aware and have never skated on a Quad profile before. I do have a set of LS5 runners with standard 10' profile on them and was thinking I should probably put those on for the skate test. That said, in addition to the skates themselves I am interested in trying the Quad profile v. standard; but, I also live in a rural area with nobody local who does skate profiling. So, if I decide on a custom profile, Quad or other, I'll have to drive 75-100 miles every time it needs to be re-done..which I've read could be once or twice a year???

My last blades before I bought a Sparx went from standard Step profile to flat after a year. Manual sharpeners do of course vary in the amount of metal they take off, and their uniformity, and hence the rate at which the profile changes. I don’t believe that any manual sharpener can preserve the profile despite what most claim. I believe Sparx’s claim that their machine does not alter the profile, at least not noticeably so.

Anyway, whichever profile you have, you’ll lose it soon enough! If you don’t like the idea of a quad profile, flog the blades unused and unsharpened.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, CBnCO said:

So, if I decide on a custom profile, Quad or other, I'll have to drive 75-100 miles every time it needs to be re-done..which I've read could be once or twice a year???

Im late responding to this, but there are a few reputable shops who do sharpening by mail. Usually takes 5-7 days total. 

If you can make the investment and get two sets, you can use the back up steel for the eel your other steel is gone. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, CBnCO said:

I ended up getting my hands on a Jetspeed FT2 in D and the 3S Pro in Fit 1. I'm still curious what the Vapor 2X Pro in Fit 2 would have felt like; but, I'm going to choose between these two.

There are definitely subtle differences in the fit and feel in different parts of the skates; but, I'm not going to be able to choose until I skate on both (which won't be for another 5 weeks until our rink opens back up for the winter). First impressions are that the Jetspeed has slightly more width in the forefoot and both pairs feel similar in the ankle/heel area to me. The Bauer 3S Pro feels like it has more substantial interior padding and a thicker tongue. Also, based only on trying them on, it seems the Bauer is at least an equally stiff skate if not stiffer. 

Since I'm coming from an earlier pair of CCM Jetspeeds, the CCM pair does feel a bit more familiar and I thought I immediately go for the CCM. But, something about the Bauer skate, even thought it's the second down in the Supreme line, makes it feel a little more substantial and supportive. Plus, the Bauer gets better reviews for its holder/steel combos than the OEM CCM versions. 

I can't give a final verdict yet and am looking forward to skating on both. 

Hey would you mind commenting on the Jetspeed FT2 Fit compared to earlier Jetspeeds? I’m in the 2015 Jetspeed and keen to upgrade to the FT2 however I don’t have the luxury of trying them on. I’m aware the sizing changed, so my 11D 2015’s translates to a 11.5D FT2, but would really appreciate a comparison fit wise! Thanks I’m advance and apologies if this post appears twice, I tried to post before I registered for the site.

7 minutes ago, Trotsky123 said:

Hey would you mind commenting on the Jetspeed FT2 Fit compared to earlier Jetspeeds? I’m in the 2015 Jetspeed and keen to upgrade to the FT2 however I don’t have the luxury of trying them on. I’m aware the sizing changed, so my 11D 2015’s translates to a 11.5D FT2, but would really appreciate a comparison fit wise! Thanks I’m advance and apologies if this post appears twice, I tried to post before I registered for the site.

Good question. My old skates, up until now, have been a 2015 model Jetspeed size 9. The new FT2's are in size 9.5 as CCM did change sizing a few years ago. The FT2's are a different skate for sure than the original Jetspeed; but, the fit is very similar. In fact, as I weigh the FT2's versus going to Bauer I do feel that the FT2's give me a more familar feeling and that will likely sway me to stay with CCM. 

I guess it depends exactly how granularly you are going to analyze the fit and feel. Once I got the right size in the FT2, aside from the FT2's feeling a bit stiffer overall; they felt pretty much the same as my old skates when on my feet in my house. I've yet to skate on them because my local rink is a 6 month winter operation and I've got about 4 more weeks to wait. I hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, CBnCO said:

Good question. My old skates, up until now, have been a 2015 model Jetspeed size 9. The new FT2's are in size 9.5 as CCM did change sizing a few years ago. The FT2's are a different skate for sure than the original Jetspeed; but, the fit is very similar. In fact, as I weigh the FT2's versus going to Bauer I do feel that the FT2's give me a more familar feeling and that will likely sway me to stay with CCM. 

I guess it depends exactly how granularly you are going to analyze the fit and feel. Once I got the right size in the FT2, aside from the FT2's feeling a bit stiffer overall; they felt pretty much the same as my old skates when on my feet in my house. I've yet to skate on them because my local rink is a 6 month winter operation and I've got about 4 more weeks to wait. I hope this helps.

Hey that’s really helpful thanks! Unfortunately it’s online orders only for CCM in my country so no opportunity to try them on. This is great info, hopefully the 4 weeks pass quickly and you get back on the ice soon.

2 hours ago, Trotsky123 said:

I skated comfortably in a 7D of the original Jetspeed.  7.5D in both the FT1 and FT2 are too narrow for me, (right at the edge of the toecap).  After speaking to other Jetspeed wearers, I'd say the boot got narrower beginning with the FT1 line.  CCM has their 90 day satisfaction guarantee though, so as long as that's applicable in your country, you can try them out risk free.

2 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I skated comfortably in a 7D of the original Jetspeed.  7.5D in both the FT1 and FT2 are too narrow for me, (right at the edge of the toecap).  After speaking to other Jetspeed wearers, I'd say the boot got narrower beginning with the FT1 line.  CCM has their 90 day satisfaction guarantee though, so as long as that's applicable in your country, you can try them out risk free.

Hey thanks for that, I’ve got pretty narrow feet but the 2015 Jetspeeds fit me so I’ll factor that in. Unfortunately the skates come in through third party retailers and as far as I’m aware don’t have the return policy. I’ll do some more digging on that though.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, Trotsky123 said:

Hey thanks for that, I’ve got pretty narrow feet but the 2015 Jetspeeds fit me so I’ll factor that in. Unfortunately the skates come in through third party retailers and as far as I’m aware don’t have the return policy. I’ll do some more digging on that though.

the jetspeed comes in a "tapered" now.  how narrow are your feet?  and what about your instep and toes?  do your feet widen out like a duck?  or stay narrow?  is your instep high?  the vapor, jetspeed, and supreme all fit different in that way.

30 minutes ago, mhein22 said:

the jetspeed comes in a "tapered" now.  how narrow are your feet?  and what about your instep and toes?  do your feet widen out like a duck?  or stay narrow?  is your instep high?  the vapor, jetspeed, and supreme all fit different in that way.

They stay pretty narrow, based on a very bad sketch attempt they are roughly 30cm long and 10.5cm at the widest point. Relatively high arches, I’ve got superfeet in my Jetspeeds which I like. My previous skates were size 12 Supreme total one’s which I hated, the Jetspeeds feel comfy so I’m chasing a similar fit. The only physical hockey store in my country only stocks Bauer and they never carry large sizes so I feel like the safest option is to stick with Jetspeeds.

4 minutes ago, Trotsky123 said:

They stay pretty narrow, based on a very bad sketch attempt they are roughly 30cm long and 10.5cm at the widest point. Relatively high arches, I’ve got superfeet in my Jetspeeds which I like. My previous skates were size 12 Supreme total one’s which I hated, the Jetspeeds feel comfy so I’m chasing a similar fit. The only physical hockey store in my country only stocks Bauer and they never carry large sizes so I feel like the safest option is to stick with Jetspeeds.

well jetspeeds now come in a tapered, regular and wide.  high arches just mean your feet are curvy on the bottom, not that they have a high volume from top to bottom on the diagonal from your heel back to your ankle flex point.  your instep is that area.  if you like jetspeeds then i would email them for a quick double check, then you are good to order the regular.  

does your local store carry a fit 1 in your size in the Supremes? they fit almost exactly like a jetspeed except a tighter toebox.  jetspeeds toebox is just a bit roomier.  

Edited by mhein22

Just now, mhein22 said:

well jetspeeds now come in a tapered, regular and wide.  high arches just mean your feet are curvy on the bottom, not that they have a high volume from top to bottom on the diagonal from your heel back to your ankle flex point.  your instep is that area.  if you like jetspeeds then i would email them for a quick double check, then you are good to order the regular.  

Cool thanks for that, unfortunately the local CCM retailer doesn’t carry the new range - I would be looking at the FT2’s which are currently on sale. 

Just now, Trotsky123 said:

Cool thanks for that, unfortunately the local CCM retailer doesn’t carry the new range - I would be looking at the FT2’s which are currently on sale. 

email ccm, they will respond quickly.  they dont want returns!  even if you cant return from where you are at, they wont know.  tell them what you currently have and ask about the ft2's, just to double check.  

9 minutes ago, mhein22 said:

email ccm, they will respond quickly.  they dont want returns!  even if you cant return from where you are at, they wont know.  tell them what you currently have and ask about the ft2's, just to double check.  

Awesome that’s a great idea, thanks! 

• Like 1

I went fro a 2xPro 7.5 D to a fit 2...the forefoot is a bit narrow even in fit 2 (but not by as much), but the heel doesn't seem to lock as well.  In contrast...the AS1 7.5 D, AS3 Pro 7.5D, and 100K Pro 7.5 "regular" fit like they're part of my anatomy in every dimension. Might end up selling the Vapors...might not...still like the way they ride. Might just use them for coaching.  CCM just seems to be the best fit and feel for me. Wouldn't mind trying a 7.5 regular FT4 Pro...might have to paint them though 🤣.

10 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

OK, so I have a beloved pair of Bauer Supreme 1S in size 7D. The fit is perfection.  In the current Bauer line up, what model would be most like them?

A 7.0 FIT2.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:47 AM, clarkiestooth said:

OK, so I have a beloved pair of Bauer Supreme 1S in size 7D. The fit is perfection.  In the current Bauer line up, what model would be most like them?

3S Pro in a 7 Fit 2 will be closest to what the 1S was.  IMO the Ultrasonic is what I would go with.

I recently picked up pro stock 2x pros 9.5D A heel with traditional eyelets and love the length and heel lock but the width and instep are too narrow and low for my foot. Major hotspots on the outside of both feet and near the big toe and a pinch on the top of the foot. Would 9.5 fit 2 hyperlites be a better fit? Also, are the lengths between CCM and Bauer skates similar? 9.5 Bauer = 9.5 CCM? 

On 9/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, boo10 said:

I have the same issue in my brand new 7.5 D JetSpeed FT485 regarding the toe cap. It has a slight bump where it connects to the boot. Everywhere else feels fine, but I can’t get over the “bunched up sock” feeling on my pinky toes. I skated once with them a few days ago at a public session, it just bugged. For what it’s worth my current skates are Bauer Valpor x509’s, 7EE. Toe cap feels much better in the Vapors, but my foot sits deeper in the CCM FT485’s. I have also ordered a pair of  Vapor x2.9’s in a 7 Fit 2 since they were on clearance at Pure Hockey. The only issue with my current Vapors is that my foot is right at the eyelet level around the 4th and 5th eyelets, so not as deep as the JetSpeeds. 

I’m tempted to order a 7.5 FT485 EE to see how it feels. Will the toe cap be wider than the 7.5 D JetSpeed?

On 8/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, Miller55 said:

Agree, the fit 2 heel is pretty similar in the Vapor and the Supreme

I tried on a size 7 Vapor X2.9 and a size 7 Supreme 3s, both in a Fit 2. The Vapor gripped and held my heel in place more snug than the Supreme. Another interesting thing to note, the Vapor gave me more length in the toe box, I hard to try to force my toes to brush the cap (maybe due to better heel lock), but in the Supremes, my toes we're readily touching the ends, I'd even say it was uncomfortable touching the end (yes I got in my hockey stance). Unfortunately they didn't have a Supreme in a 7.5 Fit 2 to try on. FWIW, the 3D scanner landed me in a 7 Fit 2 on my first scan, and a 6.5 Fit 2 on a scan a week later. I understand that the 3D scan is merely a starting point.

Edited by beedee

On 1/2/2022 at 9:53 PM, beedee said:

I have the same issue in my brand new 7.5 D JetSpeed FT485 regarding the toe cap. It has a slight bump where it connects to the boot. Everywhere else feels fine, but I can’t get over the “bunched up sock” feeling on my pinky toes. I skated once with them a few days ago at a public session, it just bugged. For what it’s worth my current skates are Bauer Valpor x509’s, 7EE. Toe cap feels much better in the Vapors, but my foot sits deeper in the CCM FT485’s. I have also ordered a pair of  Vapor x2.9’s in a 7 Fit 2 since they were on clearance at Pure Hockey. The only issue with my current Vapors is that my foot is right at the eyelet level around the 4th and 5th eyelets, so not as deep as the JetSpeeds. 

I’m tempted to order a 7.5 FT485 EE to see how it feels. Will the toe cap be wider than the 7.5 D JetSpeed?

From the information you've provided in various posts, I think the Vapor X2.9 in a 7 Fit 2 may work well for you. 

You said your current 7EE Vapors fit well, but are a little shallow near the 4th and 5th eyelet. Well, Fit 2 is supposed to be a similar width to a Vapor EE or Supreme D, with a depth more like the Supreme D (which is a bit deeper than a Vapor EE). So, on paper a 7 Fit 2 would be better for you.

The CCM skates sizing was realigned around 2017 to fit the same as Bauer lengthwise. If you're a 7 Bauer, then you're more than likely a 7 in a CCM made after 2017. In the D/EE CCM sizing, the Jetspeed was a narrow skate and would be closer to a D Vapor than a EE. So, a 7.5D Jetspeed FT485 would be a width too narrow and a half size too long if your EE Vapors fit well besides the depth. They may not feel like they're too long because a skate that's too narrow will compress and elongate your foot. So, if you wanted to try the Jetspeed FT485, you'd likely be better off with a 7EE in that skate and not a 7.5EE.

It's true that the scanner is just a starting point, but the fact that you were 7 Fit 1 and then 6.5 Fit 1 and you currently wear a 7 makes it likely that a 7.5 is too long. It's generally not a good idea to go longer to deal with width or depth issues. 

The good news is, the Vapor X2.9 size 7 Fit 2 you already have may really work well for you. If they don't, then trying a 7EE Jetspeed FT485 or a 6.5R True TF7/TF9 would likely be the next best options in my opinion. A 7.5 in Bauer or CCM or a 7 in True would likely be too long after baking and break in (they might feel like the right length before that, especially if they're too narrow). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks alt. The 7 Fit 2, x2.9 do feel great, and I’m guessing for the reasons you laid out. I do have a 7 “wide” CCM FT485 due to arrive today. So I’ll throw those on and see how they feel. I have a feeling they’ll be too wide all around though.

I did try on a Supreme 3s in a 7, Fit 2 and my toes were pushed against the ends of the caps more than what I was comfortable with. I’m still curious to see how the Supreme 7.5 3s feels (they didn’t have it).

I also tried on a True TF7 in a 7.5 and a 7, the 7 seemed to be the ticket, toes brushing but felt a bit too roomy in the forefoot area. Had an odd hotspot on top of my foot that I hadn’t felt in a CCM or Bauer. 6.5 would have felt too cramped lengthwise for me. I don’t like my toes against the ends of the caps at all. 

But out of everything I’ve tried on thus far, the x2.9 just feels like an all around natural fit, no  if’s ands or buts about it. Snug,  yet not cramped. No hot spots and not pushing against the end of the toe caps. The size 7-D 9380 SuperTacks feel similar but had hot spots in the arch area and more of a cramped than snug feeling all around…which I’d expect to settle in nicely once broken in. Toe area felt great in them, on par with the x2.9s. 

Thanks again for your input and I’ll keep you guys posted on what I decide on. 

Edited by beedee
  • Like 2