Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
marka

Remove tape residue from glove palms?

Howdy,

Anyone got a good way to remove tape adhesive residue from glove palms?

My palms have sorta these hard spots that are sticky where I assume tape adhesive residue has combined with worn off palm material and other schmutz.  I can sorta pick them off with my fingernail, but its doesn't really get everything and I wonder if that accelerates palm wear.

Just wondering if there's a better way.

Mark

Use medical tape for the handle, the glues wont stick or destroy the palm of your glove over time. Sure, you have to retape it after a while but I'd rather do that than have those shitty glues destroying my Franchise or pro stock gloves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Anyone got a good way to remove tape adhesive residue from glove palms?

My palms have sorta these hard spots that are sticky where I assume tape adhesive residue has combined with worn off palm material and other schmutz.  I can sorta pick them off with my fingernail, but its doesn't really get everything and I wonder if that accelerates palm wear.

Just wondering if there's a better way.

Mark

I've used goo gone to remove the residue in the past.  Then I switched to putting some baby powder on my knob and never had to deal with the residue since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Howdy,

18 hours ago, Westside said:

Use Tacki Mac instead of tape. Problem solved 

I'd love to (and used to), but I have some wrist / hand things and have to use a big knob or I get a decent bit of pain.  None of the various grips out there have something that will work.

Mark

If you want to stick with tape the baby powder recommendation works.  I've been using it for years and get 2-3 years out of the glove palms and no tape residue.

• Like 1

+x for baby powder. 

Also, I’ve switched to only taping the very buttend knob, no “handle.” I feel like grip sticks are sticky enough, and it’s less tape friction on the gloves. 

• Like 2