Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2021-2022 Gear Sightings

7 hours ago, AnimalFear said:

Anybody catch Brendan Perlini's Bauer skates with white accents? I've seen white accents like these on Grafs, CCMs and Reeboks (Komarov, Hagelin, Perron), but I've never seen them on Bauers.

darnell-nurse-brendan-perlini-and-devin-

Shot blockers or added padding of some sort?

19 hours ago, PBH said:

Yeah, thats a 2S. 

No disrespect to Brendan Perlini but Bauer isn’t going to tease a new Supreme skate by showcasing it on: Brendan Perlini…

4 minutes ago, OldCY said:

No disrespect to Brendan Perlini but Bauer isn’t going to tease a new Supreme skate by showcasing it on: Brendan Perlini…

Honestly... it isn't THAT farfetched. The Australian hockey league were the first players to be using a bunch of unreleased gear a few years back.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, flip12 said:

11-st-louis-blues-v-montreal-canadiens-d

I don't want to derail but to me, that is my favorite era of hockey equipment.  Looks like Bauer 1000s, CCM HT2, and those Ferland's would have been on my dream list when I was in my teens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Some massive "shims" on these Islanders players. @oldtrainerguy28 any idea about these? I thought you have been working with players with something like this.

anthony-beauvillier-and-brock-nelson-of-

Well its not Red Dog Hockey boost from what I can tell. If it was it would probably not all be the same on both players on both skates. Looks to me like issue with hitting the boot so they raised the it by shims. No other real purpose if both players are exactly the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Well its not Red Dog Hockey boost from what I can tell. If it was it would probably not all be the same on both players on both skates. Looks to me like issue with hitting the boot so they raised the it by shims. No other real purpose if both players are exactly the same. 

Thank you for the response!

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 PM, BenBreeg said:

I don't want to derail but to me, that is my favorite era of hockey equipment.  Looks like Bauer 1000s, CCM HT2, and those Ferland's would have been on my dream list when I was in my teens.

His white accented 652 tacks with blue blades were better. And give me a pair of ferland 3400 over the garbage gloves being made today.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Can you explain what exactly Red Dog Hockey boost is? I couldn't find any pictures or a description of what it actually is on the website.

Those NJ "jerseys" are terrible, can't believe someone was paid to design those.

Also, on a tri-state related subject, Kaapo Kakko has been using an FT4 Pro stick the past couple of weeks instead of the SherWood he used previously and all of last season.  I noticed it when he finally scored a goal so I assume it was the stick that made the difference 🤣

kaapo-kakko-of-the-new-york-rangers-cele

Anyone seen any of the new Bauer designs?  It appears the newest Supreme line will be the "Mach" skates with the Mach and Mach 5/Pro included in the photo.  I can't believe they put their awful new logo on the back of them for now.  

r/hockeyplayers - 2022 Bauer Supreme Mach and M5 Pro Skates

2 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

Anyone seen any of the new Bauer designs?  It appears the newest Supreme line will be the "Mach" skates with the Mach and Mach 5/Pro included in the photo.  I can't believe they put their awful new logo on the back of them for now.  

Hard to tell for sure from that picture, but those skates look like the Ultrasonic and 3S Pro with new graphics.  Me, I'd rather have a BMW M5.

2 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

It's a smart move to put a logo on the heel. With a lot of skates' quarters covered with shot blockers, it can be hard to see what skate a player has on. The heel is often still exposed when much of the rest of the identifiable branding on a pro's skate is covered.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, flip12 said:

It's a smart move to put a logo on the heel. With a lot of skates' quarters covered with shot blockers, it can be hard to see what skate a player has on. The heel is often still exposed when much of the rest of the identifiable branding on a pro's skate is covered.

I dont disagree regarding placement....Just the new Bauer swoopy swoosh logo that never should have been created in the name of "diversity", and "hockey is for everyone".  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1